Tami Bogutz Steinberg is chair of Flaster Greenberg's Business & Corporate Department and a member of the firm's Board of Directors. For over 30 years, scores of business owners, entrepreneurs and closely held businesses across a wide range of industries have turned to Tami as their trusted legal advisor. She is known as one of South Jersey and Philadelphia’s leading business and corporate attorneys. She represents businesses in all stages of their business life cycle, from formation through dissolution or sale. Her practice encompasses mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, partnership and shareholder transactions, contracting, dispute resolutions, corporate governance and private placements.
Ms. Steinberg frequently works with business owners and C-level executives in identifying their needs and provides practical advice to guide them through the ever-changing legal system, always with their desired goal in mind. She regularly functions as outside general counsel and provides legal advice, assistance, counsel and oversight regarding matters that include corporate, real estate, tax, labor, intellectual property and litigation.
Ms. Steinberg has considerable experience counseling business owners at every stage of the business life-cycle, including protective measures to address potential future business disputes. She regularly assists litigators in settling shareholder and partner disputes that are in active litigation or in which litigation is threatened. She represents both minority and majority shareholders/partners and other disenfranchised parties.
Ms. Steinberg also serves as Chair of the firm's Gaming Industry Group. She represents casino developers and operators in the competitive process for new facilities and in running operating facilities. She also represents online sports and gaming entrepreneurs as they maneuver through the regulatory process, in addition to providing them with corporate counsel. Ms. Steinberg assists gaming clients with obtaining financing and licensing, negotiating management agreements, handling general corporate, contractual and regulatory matters and overseeing lobbying efforts, real estate, labor, employment and litigation issues.
- Represented the largest provider of portable fans and heaters in the United States in a major stock sale of all of its stock to two private equity firms.
- Represented a closely held manufacturer and distributor of HVAC parts in a sale of a majority of its stock to two private equity firms.
Represented a manufacturer and distributor of electronics storage and charging stations in the sale of its stock to a private equity firm.
- Represented the seller in a stock sale to a private equity fund. The transaction included rollover equity and an employment agreement for the principal.
- Represented a full-service catering business in the sale of the business to its employees. The transaction included seller financing, which was secured by stock pledge.
- Represented the purchasers in a stock redemption transaction in the purchase of the equity, which included long-term seller financing secured by a stock pledge.
- Represented a manufacturer of stock and custom point of purchase display units and fixtures in the sale of its equity to a group of private investors. The transaction included strategic structural and estate planning, including a spin-off of the operating assets to a newly-formed limited liability company, rollover equity, as well as an agreement of the acquirer to purchase the underlying real estate from the seller at a pre-negotiated price.
- Represented the owners of a dental practice in the sale of its assets, including the existing lease, to an independent dentist.
- Represented the owner of an optometry and vision care services business in an asset sale. The principal also sold the underlying real estate on which the business operated.
Represented a public biopharmaceutical company in establishing North American headquarters in New Jersey and obtaining Grow NJ credits
Represented a global e-commerce services company in the sale of a division to a competitor
- Represented a sign company in multiple financings and debt restructuring
Represented a data center business in the sale of a division
Represented financially distressed, multi-state retail chain in negotiating and closing the sale of its assets, including multiple leases, lenders and franchisees, to a private equity firm, completing the deal in just 10 days
In a complex and hostile business divorce with over twenty companies and thousands of intellectual property assets, represented a 50% owner in negotiating a the division of the entities and assets, as well as settlement of the remaining issues
Represented national service company and its affiliates in numerous financings and refinancings, including working capital, construction, term and EDA loans.
Represented national service company in general corporate and shareholder matters, corporate restructurings and spin-offs, and in negotiating design, build and maintenance contracts for a new corporate headquarters
Represented media company as outside general counsel, including responding to RFPs, negotiating exclusive contract with state agency, drafting form advertising and sponsorship agreements, and negotiating customer contracts
Represented technology company in sale of its assets, including ongoing consulting agreements, earn-out and purchase price adjustments
Represented durable medical equipment supplier in contractual matters, shareholder and employee issues and eventual sale of the company as part of a roll-up
Represented a transport temperature control supplier in the sale of its assets to Thermo King Corporation, a unit of Ingersoll Rand Company Limited
Represented minority owners of a construction business in the settlement of hostile business divorce litigation, resulting in a buy out of the client’s shares and ongoing employment arrangements
Represented an owner of a food processing and packaging equipment company in the negotiated settlement of a shareholder dispute and ultimate restructuring of the management of company
Represented a technology integration and consulting company in multiple private equity and debt financings, acquisitions and general corporate matters
Represented a public gaming company in its competitive bid as manager for a gaming license in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Represented a public gaming company in its successful bid as manager/developer for a resort casino license in Pennsylvania, and ongoing representation in regulatory matters
Represented a public gaming company in its competitive bid for a gaming license in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, including agreement to finance a new hockey arena
Represented developers of the first Native American urban casino in California, including regulatory matters with the state of California, Department of Interior and National Indian Gaming Commission, land into trust issues, negotiating management and buyout agreements, overseeing lobbying efforts to thwart actions to stop the project and various contractual matters
Represented a public racetrack company in all matters, including simulcasting at casinos, regulatory approvals and compliance, financings, securities filings, stock exchange matters and general contracting. Negotiated settlement agreement resulting from lawsuit among directors, which led to ultimate sale of assets, including real estate, closed Las Vegas casino and two racetracks through private auctions and sales
Honors & Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Power 50 in Law, NJBIZ, 2019 & 2020
- Top Business Attorneys List - Business & Corporate Law, South Jersey Biz magazine, 2019
- Top Attorney List, SJ Magazine, 2011-2014 & 2017
- Named a New Jersey "Super Lawyer," 2015 & 2016, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine
- Named to the "Legal Elite" list by SmartCEO Magazine, 2011
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey
- Board of Directors
- Vice Chair, Membership Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Health Care and Hospital Law Committee, 1994
- Camden County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA)
- Southern New Jersey Development Council
- Membership and Marketing Committee, 2007 – 2010
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Membership Committee, 2001 – 2006
- Villanova University School of Law
- Firm Representative, 2000 – 2004
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, 1993 – 1997
- Congregation Beth El
- Executive Committee (2015-present), Board of Trustees (2014-present), Budget and Finance Committee (2015-present), Strategic Planning Committee (2014-present), Chair of Adult Education Committee (2013-2015)
- Hadassah (Raquella Chapter)
- Member, 2010 – present
- Woodrock, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2002 – 2005
- Freire Charter School
- Mentor, 2000 – 2001
- Press Release(December 1, 2020)
- Press Release(June 4, 2020)
- (February 13, 2020)
- South Jersey Biz magazine(November 7, 2019)
- Press Release(October 23, 2019)
- Press Release(June 25, 2019)
- New Jersey Law Journal(June 21, 2018)
- Press Release(August 3, 2017)
- Press Release(June 5, 2017)
- (January 9, 2017)
- Eleven Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2016 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(April 6, 2016)
- Press Release(October 16, 2015)
- Press Release(August 1, 2014)
- Photo Caption(April 24, 2014)
- Press Release(April 16, 2014)
- Press Release(January 16, 2014)
- Press Release(August 6, 2013)
- Press Release(March 18, 2013)
- Press Release(August 6, 2012)
- Press Release(October 17, 2011)
- Press Release(August 3, 2011)
- Press Release(July 11, 2011)
- Press Release(April 6, 2009)
- Flaster Greenberg(January 30, 2020)
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY, FLASTER GREENBERG PC, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - CAMDEN(October 29, 2019)
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, Flaster Greenberg PC, Rutgers University - Camden(February 26, 2019)
- (November 7, 2018)
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, Rutgers University Camden, Flaster Greenberg PC(October 24, 2017)
- Chamber of Commerce Southern NJ, Rutgers School of Business, Flaster Greenberg(June 15, 2017)
- Buying and Selling a BusinessPennsylvania Bar Institute(February 3, 2017)
- CCSNJ, Rutgers School of Business-Camden, Flaster Greenberg PC(October 27, 2016)
- Flaster Greenberg PC, Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey, Rutgers University-Camden(April 6, 2016)
- CCSNJ, Rutgers School of Business-Camden, Flaster Greenberg PC(October 27, 2015)
- Discenza Business Continuity Solutions, DFDR Consulting, and Flaster Greenberg(October 15, 2015)
- (March 26, 2015)
- (September 18, 2014)
- (May 15, 2014)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute(April 28, 2014)
- Webinar: Buying and Selling a Business - An essential tool for lawyers who handle purchases and sales of businessesPennsylvania Bar Institute(October 22, 2013)
- PBI (Pennsylvania Bar Institute)(April 28, 2013)
- Spectrum Gaming Group, Flaster/Greenberg PC(April 15, 2013)
- Rutgers School of Business–Camden, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, Flaster/Greenberg(July 19, 2011)
- Rutgers School of Business–Camden, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, Flaster/Greenberg(July 28, 2009)
Articles & Alerts
- Newsletter(June 30, 2020)
- Legal Alert(June 5, 2020)
- Legal Alert(April 3, 2020)
- Legal Alert(April 1, 2020)
- Law360(September 11, 2014)
- Law360(July 18, 2014)
- The Legal Intelligencer(March 2011)