Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
Flaster Greenberg is committed to providing practical and customized legal solutions for our clients. We recognize that our clients represent a broad demographic; therefore, in designing these solutions, we find it invaluable to draw from the vast experiences and backgrounds of our diverse group of attorneys and professionals.
The application of diversity and inclusion in the workplace has an inherent benefit to client service as well as increased employee engagement. An individual’s culture and identity have a unique impact on how that person solves problems and generates new ideas. We live these principles as a part of our core values, which is why we have committed to advancing diversity and inclusion.
Focus on Clients
As the challenges our clients face continue to evolve, we embrace our differences to come up with creative solutions that garner the best results for them. We believe that multiple perspectives not only strengthen our firm’s culture but also our ability to respond to the needs of our clients.
Clients are unique and expect a diverse team of individuals to help them navigate through the legal landscape. The diverse backgrounds of Flaster Greenberg’s professionals allow us to achieve creative and custom-tailored solutions to client concerns that others may overlook.
Focus on Employees
Flaster Greenberg’s workplace culture is one of the cornerstones of its success. We believe diverse backgrounds and perspectives help attract talented professionals, and strengthen employee morale. Flaster Greenberg works continuously to expand and promote opportunities for our employees. The firm is a diverse workplace defined by an open, mutually supportive, collegial environment where fairness, respect and professional opportunity for everyone remains integral to our recruiting, retention and promotion initiatives.
At Flaster Greenberg, we define our diverse workforce by how our employees view themselves, through a variety of personal characteristics and life experiences, including race, gender, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, disability, age, and marital status. Our lawyers are active board members of affinity-related bar and community organizations. Women and minorities are leaders in our firm’s administration. Our benefits programs have always extended to same-sex marriages, civil unions and domestic partnerships.
Through progressive leadership at Flaster Greenberg, we view building and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture as a key component to fueling our firm’s success—and, in turn, the success of our clients.
Focus on Action
We embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion in our strategic planning through various initiatives turning the focus into action. We are intentional to ensure that we put our words into action as we continue to look for ways to maintain an inclusive workplace and leverage our diverse talent in our DEI programs and initiatives. Over the years, we have:
- Implemented a committed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee focusing on programs and initiatives for the firm’s internal and external communities.
- Partnered with the Philadelphia Diversity Law Group on hiring and training summer associates of various cultural backgrounds.
- Conducted annual DEI training and education seminars for our employees.
- Organized a Women’s Initiative Group dedicated to supporting and advancing women professionals through professional and business development, work-life balance, and career trajectory.
- Created an annual scholarship program, in which we award $5,000 per year to diverse and women law students in local universities in NJ and PA.
- In 2020, established the “Rally For Change Campaign” to raise and donate funds to vetted worthy organizations dedicated to civil rights advocacy, police reform, university-based student-run groups, organizations helping small businesses that fell victim to looting and property damage, and non-profits offering free legal advice and representation to low-income residents. Click here to read more about the firm's "Rally for Change" campaign.
- Partnered with a client dedicated to inclusivity, diversity and education through innovative and immersive mixology experiences to create the client’s patent and trademark portfolio, in time for the client’s opening. The technology-powered, wizard-themed bar and restaurant on 13th and Locust in Philadelphia’s Midtown Village is an inclusive safe space for all guests seeking a unique interactive experience through magic, mixology, technology, and inclusion. Click here to read more.
We realize while progress has been made, the work is ongoing, and Flaster Greenberg remains committed to effecting further progress both in our own firm and in how we serve our clients and communities.
- We Earned Our Reputation
- Pro Bono
- Women's Initiative
- The Lighter Side of Law
- Flaster Greenberg Launches Rally for Change Campaign to Aid Social Injustice; Pledges to Donate and Take ActionPress Release(March 25, 2021)
- Press Release(June 2020)
- Press Release(March 29, 2019)
- Flaster Greenberg Proudly Sponsors The South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia’s First Annual GalaPress Release(April 15, 2018)
- Legal Alert(June 18, 2020)
- New Jersey Law Journal(February 7, 2018)
- Philadelphia Bar Reporter(April 2017)
- Philadelphia Bar Reporter(November 2014)
- Philadelphia Bar Reporter(April 2013)