Meghan C. Moore is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Insurance Counseling and Recovery and Litigation Practice Groups, and serves on the firm's Board of Directors. She represents both businesses and individuals in complex coverage and bad faith disputes with their insurance companies. Her civil trial practice includes all aspects of civil litigation, including trial, mediation, arbitration and appellate practice in state and federal courts. She concentrates on helping companies secure coverage for defense and indemnity when facing high stakes litigation and assists them in recovering property and business interruption benefits when they suffer catastrophic losses from natural disasters. Her practice includes representing policyholders in disputes under commercial general liability, commercial property, fidelity, directors and officers, errors and omissions, and securities liability insurance policies.
For 17 years, Ms. Moore has been helping Florida property owners impacted by hurricanes. She recovered more than $40 million on behalf of Florida condominiums and hotels after the 2004-2005 hurricane seasons, and to date she has recovered more than $20,000,000 on behalf of businesses and individuals impacted by Hurricane Irma. She has also represented companies in commercial general liability disputes arising out of construction defect litigation both in and outside Florida, including obtaining a $12.5 million punitive damage verdict in Columbia, South Carolina.
While she is prepared to go to trial, she approaches each case with the goal of making her clients whole at the least cost to them and has negotiated multi-million dollar settlements in class action and multi- district litigation.
Outside the firm, Ms. Moore dedicates her time to charitable causes in the community. She served as a volunteer director and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Susan B. Anthony Recovery Center for several years, and recently joined Pilots N Paws, where she plans to use her private pilot license to rescue and re-home animals in need.
- Civil jury trial arising out of a commercial general liability insurance dispute in Columbia, South Carolina that resulted in a $12.5 million punitive damage award in favor of window manufacturer client
- Obtained bad faith verdicts against Allstate Fire & Casualty Insurance Company, St. Paul Fire & Marine Insurance Company, and Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Negotiated a $10+ million settlement with primary and excess insurance companies on behalf of a manufacturing company client who was sued in a series of class action lawsuits that were consolidated before a multi-district litigation panel
- Participated in an arbitration in California that resulted in a multi-million-dollar settlement in favor of a health care provider client
- Participated in property insurance trial that resulted in a $25+ million verdict in favor of commercial client
- Negotiated a $1.5 million consent judgment on behalf of a Montana aeronautical service provider and airplane part manufacturer
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor of alarm service company in dispute arising under its general liability insurance policy and obtained order from appellate court affirming trial court’s judgment
- Obtained partial summary judgment allowing homeowners to seek as damages from their insurance broker the fees they incurred in litigating against their homeowner’s insurer for insurance benefits the broker had failed to procure
- Negotiated multiple multi-million dollar settlements in favor of condominiums and hotels that suffered hurricane damage
Honors & Awards
- Named a Florida "Rising Star," by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2010, 2013 & 2014
- Top Up and Comers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2014 - 2020
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2019
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Member
- American College of Coverage Counsel, Member
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- MENSA, Member
- Pilots N Paws, Member, 2020 – Present
- Susan B. Anthony Recovery Center, Chair, Board of Directors, 2014 – 2017
- 2022 ACI-NA Legal Affairs ConferenceAirports Council International - North America (ACI)(May 4, 2022)
- American College of Coverage Counsel(September 24, 2021)
- WIND 2021 In-Person Symposium(May 25, 2021)
- Claims Handling Across State LinesWIND 2021 Virtual Conference(February 4, 2021)
- Flaster Greenberg PC(December 10, 2020)
- Attorney-Client Privilege in Bad Faith Litigation: Privilege Issues From Perspectives of Policyholders and InsurersStrafford Webinars(October 7, 2020)
- Hurricane Litigation Claims During the Pandemic - Webinar(2020)
- Hurricane Claims: What Every Manager and Board Member Needs to Know - Webinar(2020)
- Challenges Facing the Hospitality and Real Estate Industries as a Result of Natural DisastersPerrin Natural Disaster Conference(2019)
- Business as Unusual: Claims Handling Issues in the Wake of the Unprecedented 2017 CatastrophesWindstorm Network Annual Conference(2019)
- Tips for Insurance Trial Lawyers: Communicating with JudgesABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE(2017)
- Timing Triggers: The Written and Unwritten RulesABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Property Insurance Law Committee(2017)
- Tips for Insurance Trial Lawyers: Communicating with JuriesABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE(2016)
- The Ever Changing Duty to Defend and How It’s Currently Leading to Bad FaithACI Extra-Contractual & Bad Faith Liability Seminar(2016)
- Navigating Insurance Bad Faith Claims Involving Additional Insureds and Defense-Within-Limits PoliciesStafford Live CLE Webinars(2016)
- Construction Defects May Be Accidents, but a Company’s Response to Them is NotInsurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE(2015)
- Anatomy of a Bad Faith Case: How to Prove it from a Plaintiff’s Side and How to Avoid it from an Insurance Company’s SideACI Bad Faith Litigation Seminar(2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Tulane Law School, J.D.
- Sports Law Certificate
- Sports Law Journal, Editorial Board
- University of Montana, B.S, B.A., with a concentration in Accounting