In 2022, there were more than 50,000 mergers and acquisitions worldwide. One of the primary reasons why M&A is essential in today's economy is that it allows companies to reduces costs while increasing production. Merging with or acquiring another company can result in cost savings and operational efficiencies that would not be possible for either company alone.
At Flaster Greenberg, whether our client is the buyer, the seller, a lender, a security-holder, an employee group, or another interested party, we apply our extensive experience and knowledge in a variety of merger and acquisition transactions to all our deals, including cash purchases, earn-outs, spinoffs and splitups, and a range of tax-favored reorganizations.
Frequently we are asked to consult not only with respect to the technical legal aspects of a M&A transaction but also with respect to valuation and other business issues. Our extensive expertise in Federal and State taxation can be especially important in this highly complex area, where a seemingly nominal change in the structure of a transaction can have surprising and far-reaching tax consequences.
Understanding our client's business strategy is always a first step in finding legal solutions. Whether helping to choose and execute the right deal structure, or negotiate and close the deal, our corporate attorneys have dealt with a variety of issues and have played a role in handling a vast number of transactions.
Please review the list of some of our transactions to see the breadth of our knowledge across many industries and don’t hesitate to contact one of our attorneys in the menu listed below.
- Merger partner in a ~$1 billion merger in the transportation, postal, and shipping services industry
- Seller in $450 million sale of capital stock in the manufacturing industry
- Purchaser in $450 million bankruptcy court sale in the pharmaceutical industry
- Seller in $435 million friendly tender offer in the equipment manufacturing industry
- Seller in $165 million sale of controlling interest in the marketing industry
- Seller in $100 million international sale in the environmental industry
- Seller in $55 million private equity sale in the medical practice industry
- Seller in $42 million sale in office equipment industry
- Seller in $40 million private equity sale in pharmaceutical marketing industry
- Purchaser in $40 million acquisition in food production industry
- Seller in $35 million sale in the manufacturing industry
- Purchaser in $30.5 million acquisition in the food manufacturing industry
- Purchaser in $30 million acquisition in the food production industry
- Seller in $29 million acquisition in the direct mail and fulfillment industry
- Seller in $21.5 million merger in the software industry
- Seller in $20 million sale in the higher education industry
- Seller in $20 million sale in water/sewer utility industry
- Seller in $20 million sale in software industry
- Seller in $19 million acquisition in real estate services industry
- Purchaser in $16 million sale in trucking industry
- Buyer in $16 million acquisition in manufacturing and distribution industry
- Seller in $15 million sale in internet industry
- Seller in $14 million tax-free acquisition in the telecommunications industry
- Seller in $12 million sale in parts and supplies stores industry
THIRD annual m&a conference - 1/19/23
For the first time since before the COVID-19 pandemic, attendees gathered for Flaster Greenberg’s Mergers & Acquisitions Conference. This is the third conference of its kind hosted by FG, having held two large-scale M&A conferences prior to the pandemic. Nearly 150 business leaders from the South Jersey and Philadelphia regions met at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Cherry Hill, NJ on January 19th to hear about M&A trends, tax planning and business valuations, among other topics. The half-day program began with a networking breakfast, closed with a networking luncheon, and included three sessions offering continuing education credits at the core.
The conference attracted investment bankers, private equity firms, investors, M&A advisory firms, CPAs, CFOs, CEOs, business owners, managers and directors, and attorneys who sought value in making new connections and renewing old, as well as learning more about the evolving M&A landscape. The conference served as a platform to launch new deals and solidify business ventures.
Click here to view the 2023 M&A Conference booklet for session details. If you are interested in learning more about the conference, or are interested in reserving your spot for next year’s M&A Conference, please contact Tami Bogutz Steinberg, Chair of Flaster Greenberg’s Business & Corporate Department, or Marketing@FlasterGreenberg.com.
- Allen P. Fineberg
- Mariel J. Giletto
- Stephen M. Greenberg
- Anthony Gruzdis
- Joseph M. Hayes
- J. Philip Kirchner
- Christina M. Lechette
- Daniel B. Markind
- Matthew J. Meltzer
- David S. Neufeld
- Steven S. Poulathas
- Lauren N. Schwimmer
- David Shechtman
- Tami Bogutz Steinberg
- Michael J. Stutman
- Michele G. Tarantino
- Alan H. Zuckerman
- New Jersey Law Journal()
- New Jersey Law Journal()
- The New Jersey Law Journal Honors Flaster Greenberg’s Corporate Department with the “Jersey Dealmakers of the Year” AwardPress Release()
- Flaster Greenberg()
- Association of Corporate Counsel, IP Institute()
- Flaster Greenberg()
- Tax Reform Seminar Series, Part IX: Strategic Estate Planning for Family-Owned/Closely Held Business Owners()
- U.S. Trust, Rowan University William G. Rohrer College of Business()