Lauren N. Schwimmer is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Business & Corporate Law and Real Estate Departments and the firm's Aviation Industry Group. She represents corporations, airports, individuals and financial institutions in a wide variety of matters. She has additional experience in the areas of aviation law, commercial and general civil litigation, banking law, and bankruptcy.
Ms. Schwimmer earned her law degree from the University of Pennsylvania. While at the University of Pennsylvania she earned a Certificate in Business and Public Policy from the Wharton School and was a senior editor of the Journal of Law and Social Change.
An active member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, Ms. Schwimmer is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey.
- Represented an airport located in upstate New York in a $61 million terminal modernization and renovation project.
- Part of a team of multidisciplinary attorneys in the representation of a provider of Medicare benefit solutions in connection with its recapitalization project with a private equity firm. The complex transaction entailed significant M&A, asset protection, estate and income tax planning.
- Represented a regional provider of telecommunications services in the purchase of the assets of another telecom provider in order to increase our client’s geographic footprint. The transaction was the culmination of a multi-year process and involved extensive negotiations, regulatory approvals, and complex due diligence review.
- Represented a software company and its owner in an asset sale. This transaction required numerous consents as well as the termination of certain existing agreements necessitating complex negotiations between the company and its clients, vendors and creditors before the assets could be sold.
- Represented a newly formed wholesale agent/broker of pharmaceuticals entity in purchasing a brokerage agreement allowing it to become the exclusive broker of certain hemp derived cannabinoid active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Represented the purchaser of the assets of a sandwich meat manufacturing and distribution business, including associated real estate purchase, multi-tiered bank financing, agreements with investors, employment agreements with key employees, rollover equity, and multiple escrows.
- Represented a closely held manufacturing and HVAC company and its principals in the sale of the stock of the company to a private equity-backed strategic partner. The transaction involved pre-closing restructuring utilizing the so-called F reorganization/S corporation inversion technique. There was also equity rollover in the parent of the buyer, employment agreements, and a lease of the related real estate to the buyer.
- Represented a supplier of marketing, promotional and organizational products in the sale of its assets to a larger marketing company in a strategic acquisition, including the continued employment of the principal.
- Represented an importer and wholesale distributor of fine wines and craft beers in the purchase of the assets of another wholesale distributor.
- Represented a buyer in purchasing the assets of a failed business, including all remaining inventory, customer lists and manufacturing contract.
- Represented a business of sourcing, marketing, distributing and supplying fasteners and related assembly components, bolts, cable ties, hose clamps and other custom services in the sale of substantially all of its assets
- Represented two affiliated entities and its owner in the sale of substantially all the assets of their automobile parts business.
Represented a leading wholesale tire distributor in several states in the sale of its assets.
- Represented a company that was an internet seller of cosmetic products in a sale to a private equity firm
- Represented a healthcare technology company that was acquired in a reverse triangle merger by another healthcare technology company.
- Represented a shipping company in the purchase of assets of an online mailing business and assignment of existing agreements with customers.
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of a management portfolio business.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Pennsylvania “Rising Star” in the area of Business & Corporate Law, 2014 – 2023, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX) - Philadelphia Chapter
- Flaster Greenberg’s Women's Initiative Supports Woman-Owned Small Business; Hosts Hands-On Cooking ClassPress Release()
- Press Release()
- New Jersey Law Journal()
- The New Jersey Law Journal Honors Flaster Greenberg’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice with the “New Jersey Dealmakers” AwardPress Release()
- Press Release()
- Ten Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2022 Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release()
- Seven Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2020 Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release()
- FG's PFAS Task Force Team Presents Webinar Focused on How Airport Owners and Operators Should Approach PFAS IssuesPress Release()
- Introducing Flaster Greenberg’s Newest Shareholders; Four Attorneys Promoted in Philadelphia & Cherry HillPress Release()
- Press Release()
- Press Release()
- Flaster Greenberg PC()
- Flaster Greenberg()
- Flaster Greenberg and Langan Engineering()
Articles & Alerts
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Law
- Senior Editor, Journal of Law and Social Change
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida
- B.S., Recreation (Tourism and Hospitality), University of Florida