Yoninah R. Orenstein is a shareholder in Flaster Greenberg’s Family Law Department. Ms. Orenstein concentrates her practice in all matters pertaining to family law, including divorce, custody, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, support issues and protection from abuse matters. She has extensive courtroom and mediation experience, and guides her clients by structuring practical solutions as they redefine their familial units.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Orenstein worked at a boutique family law firm and as an associate in the family law group of a large Philadelphia-based firm. She also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth Jackson in the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Family Court Division.
In addition to being a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association – Family Law Section, Yoninah serves on the Executive Committee of the Nicholas Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court, an organization which promotes education, ethics, and camaraderie among the members of the Philadelphia family law bench and bar.
Ms. Orenstein received her J.D. from Drexel’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law. She holds both an LL.M. from Boston University School of Law, and an LL.B. from the Université de Montréal, and she earned her B.A. in English Literature from McGill University. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York.
Honors & Awards
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, 2019 and 2020
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania under 40, 2019
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Member 2019
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Nicholas Cipriani American Inn of Court, Executive Committee
- Ten Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2022 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(May 24, 2022)
- Flaster Greenberg Expands Family Law Practice with Addition of Shareholder Yoninah Orenstein and Adds Another Attorney to Booming IP Practice with Associate Joshua JavitzPress Release(March 2, 2022)
Articles & Alerts
- Delegating Contempt Powers in Custody Matters, Case Note, The PBA Family Lawyer, Volume 42, Issue No. 2 (Summer 2020)
- Enforcement of Post-Adoption Contact Agreements, Case Note, The PBA Family Lawyer, Volume 41, Issue No. 2, (Summer 2019)
- Tackling Emotionally Draining Issues, TYL Magazine, Volume 21: 2016-2017, Issue 3: Resilience (Spring 2017)
- Applying the “Best Interests of the Child” Standard in Shared Custody Cases, The Philadelphia Lawyer (Spring 2016 Edition)