IP Legal Assistant
Flaster Greenberg is seeking an experienced IP Legal Assistant for its growing IP patent practice group located in the Philadelphia Office. This position requires patent prosecution and docketing experience; e-filing experience, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Familiarity with foreign patent prosecution and/or patent litigation is desired. The Legal Assistant will normally be responsible for the following functions which include but are not limited to:
- Draft correspondence, memos, letters, etc. for respective IP attorneys and/or paralegals.
- Manage attorneys' and client dockets.
- Interface directly with clients, including reporting filing of documents on behalf of clients.
- Prepare and file US patent applications, office action responses, and other documents with USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office).
- Perform time entry, process check requests, expense reports, and reimbursements, make travel arrangements, coordinate meetings, and maintain attorney calendars.
- Review, docket, and route mail and correspondences accordingly in docketing management software (Foundation IP).
- Perform special tasks as needed which may include learning new functions on the computer or IP specific applications.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 - 3 years related experience and working knowledge of basic patent filing practices before the USPTO. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook and Word), Document Management systems, Computerized Timekeeping, and Adobe Acrobat. Other skills required are: strong attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in timely manner; excellent communication and interpersonal skills which may include strong computer experience and experience with docketing system (familiarity with Foundation IP is a plus). A team player who is customer service oriented with a strong work ethic. Interested candidates should forward their resume, to Attn: HR Director at email@example.com.