Steven B. Sacharow has substantial and extensive experience in family law and complex commercial litigation and is nationally recognized for his work.
In his family law practice, Mr. Sacharow’s representation of clients includes matters involving child custody, parenting time, child support, alimony and equitable distribution (the division) of assets. It also consists of legal aspects of relationship formation including cohabitation and prenuptial agreements. His practice further includes representation of individuals involved in same sex relationships, including cohabitation agreements and dissolution of relationships, involving marriages and non-formalized relationships. Mr. Sacharow’s adoption practice is comprised of domestic and interstate adoptions, agency or private, and he has extensive experience in the litigation of contested adoption matters.
Mr. Sacharow represents clients in complex litigation and arbitration in business, including shareholder disputes, corporate and partnership divorces, and corporate, healthcare and estate and probate matters. In this arm of his practice, he has successfully acquired favorable results on behalf of individuals, corporations, partnerships, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Mr. Sacharow also practices in the area of alternative dispute resolution. He is a family law mediator and has completed the 40-hour Supreme Court approved Family Law Mediation Training. In addition, Mr. Sacharow has completed training in Collaborative Divorce and is a member of the South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals. Mr. Sacharow has participated in the courts of New Jersey as a mediator and was included on the Supreme Court’s Roster of Mediators for civil, general equity, and probate mediation.
A former Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice from 1976-1979, Mr. Sacharow has numerous published decisions in cases which he litigated before the trial and Appellate Courts of New Jersey. He has also argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court. In 2005, he was one of 180 Congressional Angels in Adoption honored by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute at a national ceremony in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Sacharow is a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE). Most recently, he participated as a panelist at the 2016 Family Law Symposium where he addressed many of today's cutting-edge issues on the future of arbitration of family part matters, and in the 2017 Hot Tips in Family Law seminar.
- Complex divorces involving substantial assets and significant issues of child custody, support, alimony and equitable distribution
- Involvement in divorce mediation proceedings as a mediator or representing clients in mediation in areas such as child custody, parenting time, alimony, child support and equitable distribution of property
- Numerous contested adoptions resulting in his clients, the adoptive parents, being able to adopt the child in question
- Involvement in over 1,300 adoptions involving agency, private, international, domestic, and life partner adoptions
- A managed care breakup between an IPA and an insurer, resulting in a judgment in excess of $10 million dollars for his client
- Successful representation of a physician in a dispute with one of the client's former employees, resulting in a favorable verdict of over $1 million for the client
Honors & Awards
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Divorce Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2020
- Named a New Jersey "Super Lawyer," 2005 - 2008, 2014 - 2019, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine
- Top Attorney List, SJ Magazine, 2003 - 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2017
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Family and Matrimonial Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2013
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Former Fellow
- Former Member of Board of Trustees
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Former Chair of the Family Law Committee
- Former Chair of General Equity Committee
- Camden County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Family Law Executive Committee
- South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals
Mr. Sacharow has been honored by the Senate of the State of New Jersey with a resolution recognizing his distinction as a Family Service Board of Trustee after 26 years of service and his extensive experience in family law and national reputation in adoption matters. He also serves on the Leadership Council for the South Jersey Chapter of the American Cancer Society.
- Press Release(December 15, 2020)
- Seven Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2019 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(March 22, 2019)
- Jane Fearn Zimmer & Steve Sacharow to Present on Family & Elder Law at Fourth Installment of FG's Tax Reform Seminar SeriesPress Release(August 16, 2018)
- Eight Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2018 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(March 23, 2018)
- Press Release(October 31, 2017)
- Press Release(August 3, 2017)
- Nine Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2017 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(April 3, 2017)
- Eleven Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2016 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(April 6, 2016)
- Press Release(January 22, 2016)
- Press Release(August 13, 2015)
- Press Release(August 1, 2014)
- Fifteen Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2014 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”Press Release(March 13, 2014)
- Press Release(December 23, 2013)
- Press Release(December 3, 2013)
- Press Release(October 16, 2013)
- Press Release(August 6, 2013)
- Press Release(July 26, 2013)
- Press Release(August 3, 2011)
- Remarriage and Blended Families: Issues to consider in Drafting a Premarital or Pre-Civil Union AgreementThe NJICLE Winter Conference - Webcast(November 23, 2020)
- (September 13, 2018)
- 2016 Family Law SymposiumNJICLE(January 30, 2016)
- Love Is More Complicated...The Second Time Around: Remarriage and Second FamiliesNJICLE(August 14, 2015)
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education(December 14, 2013)
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education(November 11, 2013)
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education(August 16, 2013)
Articles & Alerts
- Legal Alert(August 16, 2017)
- Legal Alert(September 23, 2014)
- New Jersey Law Journal, vol. CLXXVI, no. 8, index 633(May 24, 2004)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law-Camden, J.D., magna cum laude
- Associate Editor, Rutgers Camden Law Journal
- Rutgers College, B.A.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Henry Rutgers Scholar