Click here for more information or to register.
Family Law Track
Remarriage and Blended Families
Remarriage and blending families often pose a host of emotional, financial, and legal issues for your clients and their children. Knowing how to navigate those challenges – and even how to address them before they emerge – can make all the difference for the clients you represent.
While many assume that remarriage is simpler because clients have "been through it all before," blending families and unraveling different philosophies toward finances and child-rearing are seldom straightforward. As an attorney, you must prepare your remarrying clients for the challenges that lay ahead with family dynamics and financial issues, so they don't implode and threaten the subsequent marriage's viability.
Learn how to help your clients have the most successful, enjoyable, and (most importantly) issue-free remarriage possible. Help them address the key challenges most remarriages face – the top re-divorce causing issues including:
Tactfully entering into Premarital Agreements that work:
- Alimony and Child Support - Petitions for modification of child support based on changed circumstances/termination of alimony/Modification issues related to COVID
- College, Cars, Camp and Cell Phones: Handling college and other large expenses related to child rearing
- Issues regarding parenting, custody and blending families including those emotionally challenging areas such as:
- Integrating children into newly formed households and families
- Stepparent/Stepchild Dynamics-Dealing with discipline issues
- The importance of therapeutic support for blended families
- Visitation and custody challenges presented by Covid
- The Role and Rights of Stepparent
Steven B. Sacharow, Esq.
Flaster Greenberg, Cherry Hill
Amanda Trigg, Esq.
Tanya Freeman, Esq.
Sharon Ryan Montgomery, Psy.D.
Donald J. DeGrazia, CPA, ABV, CFF