Eric R. Clendening is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Intellectual Property and Litigation Departments. He focuses his practice on trademark, copyright, unfair competition, strategic counseling, and prosecution matters. He has experience litigating many types of commercial disputes in both federal and state courts, including antitrust, contract disputes, employment litigation, and other business tort claims. Mr. Clendening has secured case dispositive victories for clients in federal and state court at both the trial and appellate level. He also advises clients on protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights online, including the resolution of domain name disputes and matters concerning e-commerce, online speech and conduct, and related intellectual property issues involving trademarks and copyrights.
Mr. Clendening graduated from Washington University School of Law, cum laude, where he served as associate editor of the Global Studies Law Review. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Cornell University. He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Western District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey.
- Successfully prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a New Jersey trusts and estate litigation matter, dismissing undue influence and lack of capacity claims, saving the client millions of dollars in assets from her late husband’s estate, as well as appointing her executrix of the estate.
- Served as second chair in precedential Third Circuit victory in a banana costume copyright infringement case - Silvertop Associates Inc., dba Rasta Imposta v. Kangaroo Manufacturing Inc., Appellant, No. 18-2266 (3d Cir. 2019)
- Served as second chair in antitrust jury trial and successfully obtained a complete defense verdict against plaintiffs' multi-million dollar claims
- Design and implementation of online brand protection strategies for corporate clients
- Representation of companies in trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition and false advertising lawsuits
- Successfully removed infringing websites and had infringing social media profiles and pages taken down
Honors & Awards
- Named a New Jersey "Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Law by Thomson Reuters, publishers of New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2020 & 2021
- Top Business Attorneys List, Intellectual Property, South Jersey Biz magazine, 2019
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Business Litigation Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2018
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Press Release(December 20, 2021)
- Seven Flaster Greenberg Attorneys Honored by Thomson Reuters as 2020 New Jersey “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine(March 13, 2020)
- South Jersey Biz magazine(November 7, 2019)
- Press Release(December 6, 2018)
- Press Release(June 6, 2018)
- Press Release(June 8, 2015)
- Press Release(May 18, 2015)
Articles & Alerts
- Flaster Greenberg Law Blog(June 24, 2019)
- Flaster Greenberg Blog(May 5, 2016)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Cornell University, B.A., magna cum laude