Coraleine J. Kitt is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Intellectual Property Department and Patent Practice Group. Her broad-based education and technical experience include optics, nanotechnology, biomaterials, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and medical devices. She has worked on prosecution and litigation matters for clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations in the medical devices, network communications, light-emitting diodes, computer software, land and marine vehicular navigation, thermal imaging, and chemical processing industries.
Coraleine’s materials science background, medical education, and R&D medical devices engineering experience and pre-clinical development and clinical trials experience has allowed her to work on patent counseling, patent portfolio development and prosecution, and intellectual property due diligence in a wide array of technical fields, including prosthetics, orthopedic implants, drug delivery, surgical devices, diagnostics, imaging, sensor and monitoring technology, and wearable devices. For example, Coraleine has worked on medical device freedom-to-operate opinions for Fortune 100 companies. Coraleine has done prior art analysis in evaluating the validity of patent claims. In addition, Coraleine has prosecuted patents in the telecommunications technologies that include signal processing, networking, and data management. Coraleine is experienced in drafting and prosecuting patents in the United States and working on strategic portfolio management for global intellectual patent portfolios.
Coraleine has worked actively on litigations in the Federal District Court and the International Trade Commission. Coraleine has managed fact discovery including focusing on strategic document analysis. For example, Coraleine has managed discovery to defend allegations in cases involving allegations of a violation of the Defense of Secrets Act (DTSA). Coraleine has also conducted fact discovery and worked with experts in litigations involving light emitting diode technology. In addition, Coraleine routinely drafts motions and supporting materials for motion practice. Although early in her legal career, Coraleine has also supported a trial and a preliminary injunction hearing involving live witness testimony. Coraleine is actively working on an appeal at the Federal Circuit.
Licensed to practice with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Ms. Kitt worked as a patent agent while earning her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, she gained industry experience as a medical device engineer and as a biomedical researcher. Ms. Kitt received her B.S. in both Physics and Materials Science & Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 2021, Ms. Kitt became a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US)
- Member, Environmental Commission, Borough of Watchung, Somerset County, NJ
- One of seven Commission members who oversee conservation-oriented initiatives, educational campaigns, tree removal and borough site plans. The Commission also makes recommendations to Mayor and Council about issues of environmental concern, reviews applications that come before the Planning Board, advises on environmental impacts and works with applicants to modify plans to be more environmentally friendly.
- Press Release(April 21, 2022)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)(April 25, 2022)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.,
- Concentration in Intellectual Property and Information Law
- The Monsignor James J. Murray Prize for Achievement in Public Service
- Fordham International Law Journal, Staff
- Fordham Environmental Law Review, Staff
- Fordham Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), B.S. Physics, B.S. Materials Science & Engineering, Writing Minor
- Professional Engineering (PE) License – EIT Certificate