As the need to interact with government at the local, state, or federal level increases, our Government Relations and Regulatory Law Practice Group offers a broad range of services and experience in advocacy and regulatory affairs and has a proven track record of helping clients achieve their strategic goals and business objectives.
We combine substantive legal analysis with a sophisticated understanding of the legislative and regulatory process. Our services range from assisting clients to navigate various legislative, regulatory, and executive actions, advising on existing and proposed laws and regulations, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local election, campaign finance and ethics laws and regulations and representing candidates, candidate’s committees, and political committees in disputes.
Our attorneys have served in various senior-level capacities in both the executive and legislative branches at the federal, state, and local levels. They have a broad understanding of the intricacies of the decision-making processes and frequently appear before and work with elected leaders, senior staff, legislative committees, regulators, agencies, boards, and commissions at all levels of government.
We provide counsel on a bipartisan and multidisciplinary basis to ensure efficient representation to businesses of all sizes. We represent clients in a wide array of matters including housing, transportation, construction, healthcare, telecommunications, technology, gaming, and economic and workforce development.
Some of the matters our attorneys have worked on include:
- Drafting statutes, regulations, and executive orders.
- Representing private and governmental clients in monitoring and providing input on city, state and federal legislation and regulations.
- Representing developers seeking economic development stimulus funding.
- Representing developers on the complex negotiations regarding public infrastructure investments that may also benefit a development project.
- Educating on issues including transportation, economic development, healthcare, telecommunications, and technology.
- Negotiating public/private partnerships in technology, healthcare, gaming, energy, recycling/waste and economic development matters.
- Counseling lobbyists on compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Assisting federal, state, and local candidates and political committees on election law, campaign finance and ethics, including litigating applicability of certain laws.
Our experience also includes:
- Structuring, organizing, and implementing public/private partnerships, including brownfield redevelopment
- Assisting clients with other sales of goods, services, and technology to governments
- Navigating bid and no-bid government solicitation processes
- Crafting winning responses to requests for proposals, qualifications, and information
- Protesting solicitations, bids, and awards.
- Assisting with contract compliance and performance issues.
- Litigating and otherwise resolving contract disputes.
Legislative and Executive Decision Making
- Legislative lobbying and education.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting to clients on legislation and administrative developments, and assisting with responses and preparation for changes.
- Managing clients' regulatory matters at state executive agencies and boards.
- Negotiating with federal, state, and local officials.
- Interacting with economic development officials and other executive policy makers.
- Resolving tax and property disputes.
- Providing comprehensive services relating to land use, including affordable housing requirements.
Statutory and Regulatory Counseling
- Counseling clients on developing sound policy when dealing with federal, state, and local procurement statutes and regulations.
- Drafting comments and otherwise participating in development of government agency regulations, compliance and filing requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with various Sunshine laws.
To learn more about our attorneys, expand the menu below.
- Flaster Greenberg PC, HBK CPAs & Consultants()