Joseph F. Oriti is a shareholder in the firm’s Intellectual Property Department. He focuses his practice on obtaining IP protection for his clients in the areas of computer software and hardware, telecommunications, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and semiconductor design and fabrication.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Oriti worked as a supervisory patent attorney for the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), where he managed various programs, supervised and trained patent attorneys, opinioned on patentability, and contributed to the implementation of various rules and guidance. During his career, Mr. Oriti served as chair of a committee responsible for improving and implementing processes, procedures, and best practices related to all aspects of patent prosecution and PTAB-related appeals and trials.
As a former electrical engineer for the Department of the Navy, Mr. Oriti has a diverse technical background that includes developing aircraft-based algorithms, software, and systems for detecting and tracking submarines.
Mr. Oriti earned his J.D. from Widener University School of Law. He received both his Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University.
Articles & Alerts
- The Legal Intelligencer()
- The Philadelphia Business Journal()
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Drexel University, M.S., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 1984
- Drexel University, B.A.Sc., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 1982