Aakash Patel is a senior associate in Flaster Greenberg’s Intellectual Property Department and Patent Practice Group. Aakash focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation in the electrical, mechanical, semiconductor, medical device, and computer fields. Based on his education and prior work experience as a computer engineer for a fortune 100 technology company, Aakash also manages patent prosecution and patent portfolios in technologies ranging from electrical systems, lighting control, telecommunications, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and medical devices.
Aakash is a skilled litigator having litigated complex cases in the International Trade Commission, Federal District Courts, and the Federal Circuit. Aakash recently deposed an inventor and obtained a key admission on a noninfringement defense that helped lead to a ruling in favor of his client. Aakash is well versed in managing fact discovery, taking fact and expert depositions, working with experts to craft a strategic direction for his clients, and motion practice. Aakash has also participated in trials and live Court proceedings.
Aakash’s complex litigation experience includes patent infringement cases, trade secret cases, business torts, and contractual disputes. In addition, Aakash has also worked on inter partes review proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Aakash also counsels clients on freedom-to-operate and strategic portfolio management. For example, Aakash is adept at managing patent portfolios that relate to standards such as Thread, 3GPP, and 802.11, advising clients on freedom-to-operate issues, patentability analyses, and strategic patent drafting. Aakash also uses this experience to counsel clients on fair and reasonable non-discriminatory (FRAND) issues, and licensing negotiations.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Pennsylvania “Rising Star” in the area of Intellectual Property - Litigation, 2023, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Chambers USA Ranks Flaster Greenberg's Intellectual Property Department for Outstanding Legal Work in PennsylvaniaPress Release()
- Press Release()
- Flaster Greenberg Patent Attorneys Participate in Panel Discussion at Association of Corporate Counsel – Greater Philadelphia ConferencePress Release()
- Press Release()
- Intellectual Property Department Continues to Grow at Flaster Greenberg; Welcomes Seven Additional Patent Group MembersPress Release()
- Association Of Corporate Counsel Greater Philadelphia Chapter()
Articles & Alerts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Temple University, James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University, Computer Engineering, B.S.