Alexander Brown is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and has broad-based experience in complex commercial matters in both state and federal courts, with a focus on commercial contract disputes and insurance coverage. He has experience handling all aspects of pre-trial litigation, including depositions, motion practice, and court hearings.
Prior to joining Flaster Greenberg, Alexander was an attorney at one of the largest law firms in the Country, where he defended insurance companies in high-stakes coverage and bad faith litigation. He now uses his in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry to represent policy holders in disputes with their insurance companies. Alexander’s prior experience allows him to cut through the red tape and bureaucracy of the claims process to help his clients get what they are owed. Mr. Brown has experience in virtually all aspects of insurance coverage, including CGL, property, inland marine, auto, products-completed operations, life insurance, and professional liability policies.
Alexander has also defended claims for professional negligence and intentional misconduct, including claims for construction defects, broker negligence, and break of professional and fiduciary duties. In addition, he also has experience handling class actions and representing clients in matters involving television and film rights, music rights, publishing rights, and likeness rights.
Mr. Brown also served as a law clerk for the New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family Part to the Honorable Bruce J. Kaplan and as an intern for the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit to the Honorable Theodore McKee.
Honors & Awards
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Volunteer of the Year, 2022
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022, 2023
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Law360 Pulse()
- Press Release()
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Managing Notes Editor, Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Syracuse University, B.M., Music Industry
- New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family Part, Law Clerk to the Honorable Bruce J. Kaplan