Jonathan H. Ellis is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Board of Directors, and Trusts & Estates and Business & Corporate Departments. For more than 30 years, he has been assisting business owners, entrepreneurs, high-net worth individuals and their families in structuring their business affairs, estate planning and succession planning needs. He also concentrates his practice on elder law and the representation of closely-held businesses.
An accountant by trade, Mr. Ellis has the unique ability to provide his clients with a well-rounded approach in regards to their tax and estate planning needs.
Before joining Flaster Greenberg in January of 2019, Mr. Ellis was managing shareholder of Plotnick & Ellis PC, a boutique estates planning firm in the Philadelphia suburbs. The firm earned a reputation for “Best in Client Satisfaction” by Philadelphia Magazine, and successfully managed thousands of clients over its three-decade tenure.
Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida, Mr. Ellis is also rated AV preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® and is a currently a Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), and a member of the Employee Benefits sub-committee.
A frequent lecturer and author, Mr. Ellis speaks and writes on topics of interest in his area of expertise, including tax planning, to attorneys and certified public accountants.
Honors & Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts & Estates, 2013 – Present
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Member, Employee Benefits Sub-Committee, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Former Adjunct Professor, Villanova Law School, Family Wealth Planning Course
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Editorial Advisory Board Member for Tax Facts, The National Underwriter Company, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Press Release(January 1, 2019)
- Tough Problems in Estate PlanningPennsylvania Bar Institute(December 2018)
- Post Mortem Estate PlanningPennsylvania Bar Institute
- Looking Under the Hood: Drafting Better Trusts to Accomplish Your Clients’ Estate Planning GoalsPennsylvania Bar Institute
- Drafting Wills and Trusts in PennsylvaniaPennsylvania Bar Institute(March 1, 2018)
- Using Trusts as Building Blocks for Your Client’s Estate PlanPennsylvania Bar Institute(June 1, 2015)
Articles & Alerts
- The Tools & Techniques of Estate Planning, 16th EditionThe National Underwriter Company
- The Tools & Techniques of Estate Planning, 15th EditionThe National Underwriter Company
- Drafting Wills and Trusts in PennsylvaniaPennsylvania Bar Institute(2010)
- New Jersey
Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
Widener University School of Law, J.D.
Penn State University, B.S., in Accounting