Your company name, your slogan and the goodwill of your customers are critical to elevating your bottom line. Increasingly, the internet has created legal challenges for business owners seeking to protect these valuable assets.
This free seminar will first address how to protect, leverage and capitalize on your company's brand name and good will, providing useful tips on protecting and enforcing your rights as a business owner. Second, the seminar will discuss the challenges of protecting your brand name online and legal solutions for online reputation management.
Topics will include:
- The differences between trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets
- Identifying when you need a trademark versus a copyright and what can happen if you do nothing
- Trademark searching
- Securing trademark rights and the registration process
- Protecting your business name, slogan, brand name and goodwill online
- Dealing with trademark and copyright infringement online, including infringing domain names, advertisements, YouTube videos, and postings on social media websites and other websites
Jordan LaVine is head of the Trademark and Copyright section of the Intellectual Property group. He is the only attorney in our region to be ranked on the prestigious Trademark Insider’s “Top 50” list for the past several consecutive years. He handles matters involving trademarks, trade dress, product configuration, unfair competition, trade secrets, copyrights, false advertising and internet-related intellectual property issues.
Alexis Arena is an attorney in the Intellectual Property and Litigation groups focusing her practice on online trademark enforcement and internet disputes. She was named a 2010 Pennsylvania Rising Star by the publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers. She advises clients on protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights online, including the resolution of domain name disputes and matters concerning e-commerce, online speech and conduct, and related intellectual property issues.
Location: Flaster/Greenberg PC
1810 Chapel Avenue West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Time: Registration: 8:00 am
Program: 8:30 – 10:00 am
Sponsored By: Burlington County College High Technology Small Business
Rutgers–Camden Business Incubator
Rutgers–Camden Small Business Development Center