Experts in New Jersey’s green energy sector joined together at Flaster Greenberg’s Cherry Hill office on October 10, 2012 for “Solar Energy Shines: How and Why.” The seminar drew a packed house, which spoke to the soaring interest of the business community in solar energy ventures and how SRECs impact the industry.
The panel discussion covered in detail The New Jersey Solar Energy Legislation, which was based, in part, upon input from our four guest panelists.
The program, which included a question and answer session, focused on the following:
- Behind-the-scenes policy considerations and how the new energy legislation impacts different industry sectors
- How the law will reshape the industry
- Working with an expiring cash grant and utilizing the Investment Tax Credit
- Advantages available to businesses as a result of the new legislation
- Net metering and how it differs from net metering aggregation
- What to do with SRECs
- Farmland issues
- Projects on Landfills and Brownfields
- Past marketing behavior and future market projections
- Financial variables
- Large grid supply projects
- Opportunities for private/public partnerships
Pictured above are (L to R): Jeremy Connor, CEO, National Energy Partners, LLC; Anthony Pizzutillo, Partner, Smith Pizzutillo, LLC; Peter Spirgel, Managing Shareholder at Flaster Greenberg; Steven Gabel, President and Founder, Gabel Associates; Mitchell Cohen and Frank Riesenburger, Co-Chairs of Flaster Greenberg’s Alternative and Renewable Energy Industry Group; and Michael Flett, President, Flett Exchange, LLC.
- Franklin Riesenburger