On June 13, 2012 at the Philadelphia office of Flaster Greenberg PC, five senior in-house counsels from U.S. and internationally-based companies participated in an open table panel discussion about what in-house counsel need, expect and appreciate from their outside attorneys in order to best serve their respective client companies. Nearly 50 Flaster Greenberg Attorneys and Staff attended.
“We were thrilled to have the opportunity to bring in five amazing panelists,” said Managing Shareholder Peter Spirgel. “Not only did this open table discussion allow our attorneys to gain more knowledge and insight on how to better serve our clients, but it also gave us the tools we need to improve client relations as a whole.”
Flaster Greenberg hosted this second panel discussion by clients’ in-house counsel in response to an initiative launched by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), called the ACC “Value Challenge.” The Value Challenge is designed to encourage in-house counsel to meet with the law firms they use to discuss how the provision of legal services can be improved and ways to reduce legal costs.
The panel consisted of the following individuals:
- John L. Dauer, Jr., Chief Patent Counsel, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- Roland B. Desilets, Jr., Senior Director–Legal Services, Vishay Precision Group, Inc.
- Edward Dietz, Vice President and General Counsel, Marlin Leasing Corporation
- Michael Duff, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Penske Truck Leasing
- Katherine Andreola Mullin, Vice President and General Counsel, Holman Automotive Group, Inc.