FG shareholder Marty Judge will be part of a panel speaking on Environmental Justice issues at the NJ State Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention in Atlantic City, NJ on May 16th.
Environmental Justice (or EJ) is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income, with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies. Under the leadership of Gov. Phil Murphy, NJ Dept. of Environmental Protection Commissioner Catherine McCabe, and Attorney General Gurbir Grewal, a renewed focus on environmental justice is underway. Deputy Commissioner Debbie Mans will speak to the State's efforts to make environmental justice a focus in governmental decision-making, and the Attorney General will speak to revitalized efforts to hold parties accountable for impacts to the State's natural resources, especially in overburdened communities. Following their presentations, Heather Demirjian, Marty Judge and Tom Prol will explore proposed environmental (“green”) amendments to the New Jersey State Constitution with a focus on lessons learned from the experiences of other states, as well as the intersection of these proposals with Environmental Justice concerns. An update on Department priorities and activity will also be provided by Chief of Staff Shawn LaTourette.
- Marty M. Judge, Esq., Flaster Greenberg PC
- Carlos M. Bollar, Esq., Archer & Greiner P.C.
- Debbie Mans, Deputy Commissioner, NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Gurbir Grewal, Attorney General, State of New Jersey
- Michele Julie Glass, Esq., Corporate Counsel, Pfizer Inc.
- Shawn LaTourette, Esq., Deputy Commissioner for Legal Affairs, NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Heather L. Demirjian, Esq., Cole Schotz P.C.
- Thomas H. Prol, Esq., NJSBA Past President, Laddey Clark & Ryan LLP
Date and Time
Thursday, May 16, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
NJSBA 2019 Annual Meeting and Convention
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, NJ
NJ CLE: This program has been approved for 2.4 credits (50 minute hour)
NY CLE (Transitional & Non-transitional): 2.0 professional practice credits
PA CLE: 2.0 substantive credits pending
- Marty Judge