What's in a Name? Everything! Trademark and Copyright Essentials
Jordan A. LaVine, Esq., shareholder, Flaster Greenberg PC
Your company name, your slogan and the goodwill of your customers are critical to elevating your bottom line. This free seminar will show you how to protect, leverage and capitalize on these valuable assets, and provide useful tips on protecting and enforcing your rights as a business owner.
- The difference between trademarks and copyrights
- How they differ from patents and trade secrets
- Identifying when you need a trademark versus copyright, and what can happen if you do nothing
- Protecting your business name, slogan, brand name and goodwill
- Protecting written material and software
- Trademark searching
- Securing trademark rights
- Dealing with infringement
Jordan A. LaVine is head of the Trademark and Copyright section of the Intellectual Property group. He is the only attorney in our region to be ranked on the prestigious Trademark Insider's "Top 50" list for the past several consecutive years. He handles matters involving trademarks, trade dress, product configuration, unfair competition, trade secrets, copyrights, false advertising and internet-related intellectual property issues.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Flaster Greenberg P.C.
1810 Chapel Avenue West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Registration: 11:30 am
Program: Noon - 1:30 pm
For More Information:
Burlington County College High Technology Small Business Incubator
Rutgers-Camden Business Incubator
Rutgers-Camden Small Business Development Center
- Jordan LaVine