For more information, click here.
Board members of the NJ Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board, and external experts will present an overview of the new LSRP rules (N.J.A.C. 7:26I Regulations) that were adopted and became effective Jan. 4, 2016. This half-day course is designed to update LSRPs on the new rules and help advance their ability to apply the rule changes in the performance, supervision or coordination of site remediation in NJ.
Date & Time:
February 25, 2016
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- 8:30 - 8:45 am: Welcome and Introductions
- 8:45 - 9:45 am: Highlights & Snapshots from the Rules
- CEC Requirements
- Reporting Obligations
- Document Retention
- Code Of Conduct
- Obligations Relative To Regulatory/Mandatory Timeframes
- LSRP Obligations to Responsible Parties & the State, Notification Requirements
- And More
- 9:45 - 10:45 a.m.: LSRP Obligations under the Rules & Interpretation
- How LSRPs Follow The Rules And Stay “Clean”
- Rule Interpretation & Protecting Yourself
- 10:45 - 11:00 a.m.: Break
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Case Study & Interactive Question & Answer Panel Discussion
- A factual compliant case study will be presented. Review of Decisions posted on the board’s website will be explored. Key findings that resulted in the penalty will be identified. LSRPs will be guided through the process to see how and what the Board does to come to a decision.
- 12:00 p.m.: Wrap Up & Adjourn
Phil Brilliant,CHMM, LSRP – is founder of Brilliant Environmental Services, LLC (BES) a full service environmental consulting and contracting firm with offices in Toms River, New Jersey and Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Phil is an LSRP Board Member of the NJ Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board.
Jorge Berkowitz, Ph.D., LSRP – is employed by Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc., and is in charge of the environmental component of their Trenton office. Jorge is an LSRP Board Member of the NJ Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board.
Marty M. Judge is chair of Flaster Greenberg’s Environmental and Real Estate Law Departments. He focuses on all facets of environmental litigation, in addition to environmental compliance and counseling work. Mr. Judge has widespread experience in environmental matters concerning CERCLA (Superfund), RCRA and New Jersey Spill Act actions; Natural Resource Damage (NRD) claims; ISRA applicability and compliance matters; underground storage tank issues; and indemnity and contribution actions among jointly responsible parties. Mr. Judge also previously served Deputy Attorney General for the State of New Jersey representing the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection in all facets of its work. He is the former law clerk to the Honorable Milton B. Conford (deceased), former Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court and a temporary member of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Anthony Russo is the Executive Vice President of Government Affairs and Communications for the Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ), a business association representing the interests of more than 900 companies. In this capacity, Mr. Russo is responsible for all government affairs matters impacting the business community.
Continuing Education Credits
NJ LSRP- 3 Regulatory CECs | Professional Engineers- 3 CPCs | NJ Continuing Legal Education-3.6 CLEs
- Marty Judge