Please join us for a program designed specifically for businesses that offer (or are considering offering) an employer sponsored employee retirement plan. The program will provide attendees with an overview of the most important aspects of plan management, costs, and plan sponsor fiduciary responsibilities. Our panelists will review how to keep fees in line, determine the right contribution match percentage, avoid DOL audits, and avoid breaching the employer’s fiduciary responsibilities, as well as many other issues.
The program will address:
- The positive impact of an employer sponsored retirement plan
- Keeping fees in line
- Understanding an employer’s plan compliance responsibilities, including fiduciary responsibilities
- Avoiding “hot” audit issues with the DOL
- Third-party administrator and/or plan record-keeper, plan trustee, and plan investment adviser – who is responsible for what
- Getting the most from your financial advisor
- Making the most of the plan with employees
- Methods for limiting fiduciary liability
- How to avoid litigation related to fiduciary liability
- Correcting breaches of fiduciary responsibilities and other plan compliance problems to avoid IRS and DOL fines and/or penalties
- Identifying potential prohibited transactions
- Record-keeping standards
- Best practices and practical suggestions for employers
- Allen Fineberg, Shareholder, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Jeff George, Wealth Management Advisor | Vice President, Merrill Lynch
- Thomas Loncar, CRPS,® AIF®, Vice President, Senior Retirement Consultant, OppenheimerFunds
Date and Time:
Thursday May 12, 2016
Networking & Continental Breakfast: 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Panel Discussion: 9:00 - 11:15 a.m.
2 Springside Road
Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
Attendees can earn up to 2 HRCI, CPE, or PA CLE credits.