Please join us for a program designed specifically for accountants and HR professionals. It will provide you with an understanding of the employee benefit plan fiduciary’s role and responsibilities. The program will discuss the meaning of the term “fiduciary” under ERISA Sections 3(21) and 3(38) and why the definition matters, identify key employee benefit plan (EBP) fiduciary responsibilities, provide insights into litigation related to EBP fiduciaries, and discuss regulatory programs available to correct a breach of EBP fiduciary responsibility.
This program has been approved for 1.5 CPE and HRCI credits.
Topics and discussion points will include:
- Identifying a plan fiduciary
- Understanding the various fiduciary responsibilities
- Methods for limiting fiduciary liability
- Discussion of litigation related to fiduciary liability and lessons to be learned
- Various methods to correct breaches of fiduciary responsibilities (IRS and DOL Voluntary Correction Programs)
- Identifying potential prohibited transactions
- Record keeping standards
- Difference between investment education and investment advice (and why you need to know)
- Fiduciary best practices and practical suggestions for employers and others dealing with EBPs regarding their responsibilities
- Carmela Elco, AIF, Managing Director, Senior ERISA Consultant, Blue Prairie Group
- Allen Fineberg, Esq., Shareholder, Flaster/Greenberg PC
- Robert Lavenberg, CPA, JD, LLM, Partner, BDO
- Accountants will earn 1.5 PA and NJ CPE credits.
- HR Professionals will earn 1.5 HRCI credits (general).
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
1810 Chapel Ave. West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Allen Fineberg