For over 30 years, attorneys have relied on the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s Annual Review of Environmental Law for current and insightful information about the latest laws, policies, and issues facing their clients. This year’s program features informative discussions about the most recent Governor Murphy administration initiatives, and the latest trends affecting environmental clients. Expert environmental lawyers will provide an insightful look into the current and evolving regulatory landscape and provide helpful takeaways to support attorney's practices.
date & time
April 4, 2023 | 5:25 PM - 9:00 PM ET
- Mitchell H. Kizner, Esq., Attorney and Shareholder, Environmental Law, Flaster Greenberg PC, Cherry Hill, NJ; Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney; and Past Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) Environmental Law Section
- Senator Bob Smith, NJ Legislature, District 17
- Timothy C. Alexander, Esq., Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, PA, Salem
- David Haymes, Assistant Commissioner for the Contaminated Site Remediation & Redevelopment Program, NJ Department of Environmental Protection, Trenton
- Marty M. Judge, Esq., Attorney and Shareholder, Environmental Law, Flaster Greenberg PC, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Matthew S. Slowinski, Esq., Slowinski Atkins, LLP, Livingston
5:30: Overview - Mitchell H. Kizner, Esq.
5:35: Recent and upcoming environmental legislation - Senator Bob Smith
6:05: Recent Initiatives in NJDEP Site Remediation - David Haymes
6:35: Regulation of Emerging Contaminants - Marty M. Judge, Esq.
7:15: Recent Case Law Under the Spill Compensation and Control Act - Matthew S. Slowinski, Esq.
7:40: Bringing Claims Against Insurance Companies for Indoor Air Pollution - Mitchell H. Kizner, Esq.
8:00: Ethics and Environmental Justice - Timothy C. Alexander, Esq.
NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 1.2 qualify as hours of credit for diversity and inclusion.
- NJ CLE: This program has been approved for 4.0 credits (50 minute hour), including 1.2 diversity and inclusion credits
- PA CLE: 2.0 substantive and 1.0 ethics credits pending ($12 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program)
- NY CLE (nt): 2.5 professional practice and 1.0 diversity, inclusion and elimination of bias credits
- Marty Judge
- Mitchell Kizner