John Silvester is a patent agent and a member of our Intellectual Property Department and Patent Practice Group.
Prior to joining Flaster Greenberg, John worked as an electrical engineer in the robotics and automation department for a company that provides automated medication services to healthcare facilities around the world. He designed printed circuit boards and electronic systems and developed firmware to control custom electronic devices. John helped develop products including pharmacy robots, smart medicine cabinets, medicine packaging machines, and more. He also ensured product compliance with applicable FCC, CE, and other regulations. John also has prior experience in designing electronic systems and software to run automated reliability test fixtures, performing reliability testing, and using mathematical and statistical modeling to support product development.
John is expected to obtain a J.D. from Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University in May 2024. He graduated magna cum laude from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical and electronic engineering.
In addition, John served as an infantryman in the United States Army for four years. He served two years in the elite 75th Ranger Regiment under Joint Special Operations Command, deployed to Afghanistan in 2016 in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, and served as facilitator for the Army’s Reconnaissance and Surveillance Leadership Course.
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University (Expected May 2024)
- Duquesne Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association
- Staff Member, Joule: Duquesne Energy & Environmental Law Journal
- Arizona State University, B.S. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, magna cum laude