Douglas S. Stanger is a shareholder who concentrates his practice in bankruptcy, litigation, corporate, general business, property tax and real estate law. He has served on the United States Department of Justice Panel of Trustees for over 20 years and is an approved mediator for the Bankruptcy Court for the Districts of New Jersey and Delaware.
Mr. Stanger has been an advocate of mediation and alternative dispute resolution for over 30 years. While in law school at Yeshiva University-Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, he was trained to be one of the first mediators at the Brooklyn Mediation Center and proceeded to conduct mediations during law school. He also conducted mediations and mediation training programs through the former Community Justice Institute, which became known as the Community Mediation Services, Inc. upon relocating to South Jersey following law school. He is past President of that Organization, which is a partnership for Atlantic County, the Atlantic County Bar Association and Stockton University.
Mr. Stanger's extensive experience in bankruptcy includes his own Trustee and bankruptcy litigation practice along with representation of debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 liquidations. His real estate practice has included representation of individuals and developers in complex transactions, condominiums and real estate tax appeals.
Mr. Stanger is an active leader in professional association as well as community organizations. He is a former recipient of the Atlantic County Bar Association's Young Lawyer's Divisions "Service to the Community Award."
- Effectuating sales in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- Representing creditors and debtors in multiple industries
- Completing preferential/fraudulent conveyance actions in substantial and complex matters
Honors & Awards
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2020
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Business Litigation Law, South Jersey Magazine, 2018 & 2019
- Top Attorney List, SJ Magazine, 2014
- Atlantic County Bar Association’s “Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award” for Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Young Lawyer’s Division, Service to the Community Award
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Trustees Association
- Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce
- United States Department of Justice Panel of Bankruptcy, Trustee
- United States Department of Justice Panel of Bankruptcy of Chapter 11 Subchapter V, Trustee
- Bankruptcy Court, Mediator
- South Jersey Legal Services
- Private Involvement Program Volunteer
- Congregation Beth Judah (Ventnor, NJ)
- Past president
Rodef Shalom (Atlantic City, NJ)
- Jewish Family Services of Atlantic and Cape May Counties
- Past president
- Community Justice Institute of Atlantic County, NJ
- Past president
- Anti-Defamation League - Eastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey/Delaware Region
- Member of Executive Committee
- Anti-Defamation League - National
- Board Member
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Yeshiva University–Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A., with honors
- The Honorable Marvin N. Rimm, Tax Court, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, 1981 – 1982