On Thursday, October 30th, Flaster/Greenberg PC will host and sponsor the Independent Business Alliance’s (IBA) kick off of “Legally Speaking: A Legal Education Series for IBA Members” as part of their recent commitment as Corporate Sponsor of IBA. The seminar will take place at Flaster/Greenberg’s center city office, located at 4 Penn Center, 1600 JFK Blvd, 2nd Floor, from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
The first installment in the series, entitled “Hot New Topics in Employment Law for LGBT Employers & Employees,” will review the recent decisions by the Courts and the NLRB which impact LGBT employers and employees. Whether you are in HR management, operations or an employee, these decisions can have a critical impact on the workplace. Join us for an interactive discussion and update on the following topics:
- Same-sex marriage, sexual orientation and the Supreme Court
- What’s new in medical leaves and disability law
- iPad = iLiable? Personal devices and overtime pay
- Up in Smoke – Marijuana, e-cigarettes and other incendiary topics in the workplace
- Social media – latest cases on acceptable policies
- NLRB decisions are impacting union and non-union employers…what you need to know about expanded worker rights and employer personnel policies
Michael D. Homans , Esq., Shareholder, Flaster/Greenberg PC
Adam E. Gersh , Esq., Shareholder, Flaster/Greenberg PC
Kenneth R. Gilberg , Esq., Shareholder, Flaster/Greenberg PC
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM - Registration and Networking (Continental Breakfast Begins)
8:30 AM – 9:45 AM - Program (Continental Breakfast Continues)
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM - Q & A
This event is FREE for IBA members; $20 for non-members*. Advanced registration required. No tickets will be sold at the door. Non-IBA members and guests may purchase tickets for this event by visiting IBA's website.
- Adam Gersh