Shareholder Jay Levin will present relevant issues about insurance coverage to the 2023 graduating class of nurse practitioners at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing in Philadelphia, PA. Levin, who presents after a medical malpractice attorney, will cover the following:
Understanding the malpractice policy provided by your employer:
- Understanding the parts of the policy
- What is covered?
- What are the limitations to coverage and exclusions?
- Are you specifically named as an insured?
- Are moonlighting or volunteer activities covered under the policy?
- Is everything that is in your job description covered under the policy?
- What can you do if you are not sure about or not comfortable with the insurance coverage provided by your employer?
- Should you get an independent policy for moonlighting and volunteering activities?
- Will the organization for whom you volunteer or moonlight provide malpractice coverage for you? How can you check?
- Independent policies for Nurse Practitioners
- Do I need this if I am in a high risk area (pediatrics, surgery, etc…)?
- What are the pros and cons?
Room 114, Fagin Hall
Penn School of Nursing
418 Curie Blvd., Philadelphia, Pa. 19104