Please click here for information and to register.
Find Answers to Your Coverage Questions and Know What the Issues Are
Many attorneys and businesses assume that a dispute will be covered by insurance, only to run into issues later on. The CGL policy is among the most misunderstood - which is why we've taken the opportunity to boil it down to its fundamental workings. This program will provide you with the need-to-know essentials of CGL policies so you can assess coverage and know where the holes are.
- Mitchell H. Kizner, Shareholder, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Michael J. Needleman, Partner, Fineman Krekstein & Harris PC
- Jeffrey P. Resnick, Shareholder, Sherman Silverstein Kohl Rose & Podolsky PA
- Charles E. Woolson Jr., Attorney, Law Firm of Charles E. Woolson Jr. LLC
Date & Time:
December 1, 2017
9:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Inn Cherry Hill
2175 Marlton Pike
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Foundation of Commercial General Liability Coverage
9:00 - 9:45, Jeffrey P. Resnick
- Introduction to CGL Insurance
- CGL vs. Other Policies: Distinctions and Interactions
- Parts of a CGL Policy (with Sample Policy)
- Significance of the Named Insured Status
- Covered Partners and Employees
- Additional Insured Endorsements
- What is Covered: Understanding Coverages and Limits
9:45 - 10:25, Michael J. Needleman
- Reading the Insuring Agreements
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Coverage
- Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Policy Limits
- Defining "Occurrence"; When is Coverage Triggered?
10:40 - 11:20, Mitchell H. Kizner
- Claims-Made vs. Occurrence Policies
- What Constitutes an "Occurrence"
- Case Law You Need to Know
- When Does the Occurrence Occur?
- Number of Occurrences
- Exclusions and Exceptions in CGL Policies
11:20 - 12:00, Mitchell H. Kizner
- Usual vs. Atypical Exclusions
- Coverage A Exclusions
- Coverage B Exclusions
- Endorsements That Limit Coverage
- Duties Owed: The Duty to Defend, Conditions and Notice
1:00 - 1:45, Michael J. Needleman
- A CGL Carrier's Duty to Defend
- Duty to Defend vs. Duty to Indemnify
- Understanding Conditions
- Timing of Notice: When May it Void Coverage?
- Cooperation and Misrepresentations Issues
- Common Coverage Issues
1:45 - 2:30, Jeffrey P. Resnick
- Top Claims and Reasons for Denials of Coverage
- Frequently-Disputed Provisions: Key Case Law
- The Reservation of Rights Letter
- Broker and Agent Liability
- Emerging Issues in CGL Coverage
- When Multiple Policies Are Triggered
2:45 - 3:30, Charles E. Woolson Jr.
- Relationship Between Primary and Excess Coverages
- Understanding the "Other" Insurance Clause
- Allocation of Defense and Indemnity Expenditures
- Legal Ethics
3:30 - 4:30, Mitchell H. Kizner
- Tripartite Relationship
- Insured's Right to Select Counsel
- Attorneys' Fees
- Preserving Confidentiality
This program has been approved for 6 PA/7.2 NJ CLE credits.