Mitchell Kizner will be speaking on the topic "Legal Ethics: Avoiding Key Dangers" at the upcoming NBI seminar "Litigating Civil Cases From Start to Finish" on June 27, 2019 at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, NJ. Mitchell's panel will be the closing panel from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Top Civil Litigation Do's and Don'ts
9:00 - 9:50, Shawn C. Huber in Cherry Hill.
- Court Procedure
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection
- Trial Practice and Presentation
- Motion Practice and Pleadings: Getting What You Want
9:50 - 10:40, Shawn C. Huber in Cherry Hill.
- Applying the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Pleadings Standards and Sufficiency
- Motion to Dismiss
- Summary Judgment Motions
- Motions in Limine
- Tips for Effective Brief Writing
- Discovery, Depositions and Evidence Rules: Real-World Applications
10:55 - 11:45, Jeanine D. Clark in Cherry Hill.
- Effective Use of Discovery Tools (Interrogatories; Requests for Production; Requests for Admissions; Subpoenas)
- Obtaining Evidence From Electronic Devices
- Taking Depositions
- Defending Depositions (and Properly Using Objections)
- Evaluating Admissibility
- Laying a Foundation to Get Your Evidence Introduced
- Witness Testimony and Reports
- Applying the Hearsay Rule and Exceptions
- Keeping Evidence Out
- How to Authenticate Social Media, Email and Text Evidence
12:45 - 1:35, Jeanine D. Clark in Cherry Hill.
- Proactively Ensuring Authenticity
- Proving Electronic Documents Have Not Been Modified
- Identifying Who Made the Post and Linking to the Purported Author
- Authenticating Through Witness Testimony
- Authenticating via Distinctive Characteristics and Circumstantial Evidence
- Self-Authentication Methods
- Conducting Voir Dire and Jury Selection
1:35 - 2:25, Kimberly A. Hoehing in Cherry Hill.
- Preparing for Voir Dire
- Investigating Jurors
- Reading Personality Types and Non-Verbals
- Building Rapport
- Introducing Case Information
- Asking the Right Questions
- Eliciting Bias and Obtaining Cause Challenges
- Getting Quiet Jurors Talking
- Effective Use of Peremptory Challenges
- Building Your Civil Trial Skills
2:40 - 3:30, Kimberly A. Hoehing in Cherry Hill.
- Opening Statements: Telling a Persuasive Story
- Conducting Direct Examination
- Cross-Examining and Impeaching Witnesses
- Using Objections
- Arguing Damages at Trial
- Delivering Summations and Jury Instructions
- Legal Ethics: Avoiding Key Dangers
3:30 - 4:30, Mitchell H. Kizner in Cherry Hill.
- Handling Prejudicial Evidence
- Social Media and Legal Ethics
- Communicating with Jurors
- Preparing vs. Coaching Witnesses
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
Date and Time
Thursday, June 27, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill
2175 Marlton Pike W
Cherry Hill NJ 08002