Click here to register for this event.
The historic Supreme Court Decision on June 26th, Obergefell v. Hodges, establishing marriage equality in all 50 states, introduced long-awaited benefits and opportunities for same-sex couples throughout the country. But while the availability of marriage can simplify many legal issues for same-sex couples and their families, other issues remain complicated – and some are even more complex than before.
The third installment of our Legally Speaking seminar will provide an overview of what same-sex couples can expect moving forward. It will feature case studies and tips on dealing with other uncertainties that may arise.
Topics will include:
- Overview of marriage equality: how we got here, where we were, and where we are now
- Assisted reproduction options available to LGBT prospective parents
- Protecting dual parental rights for both married and unmarried couples
- Why adoption remains important, but is not a panacea
- Divorce – long relationship but short marriage; civil unions
- Estate planning and estate taxes
- Inheriting property
- Gift taxes
- Income taxes
- IRAs and other retirement accounts
- Wills, Living Trusts, Powers of Attorney
- Thomas W. Ude, Jr., Esq., Legal and Public Policy Director, Mazzoni Center Legal Services
- Justin H. Brown, Esq., LL.M. (Tax), Flaster Greenberg PC
Flaster Greenberg PC
1600 JFK Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Date and Time:
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
This seminar is pending approval for one (1) substantive Pennsylvania CLE credit.