Click here for more information or to register for this event.
Whether you are a company doing business with a vendor in financial distress or a contractor who may be facing financial difficulties of your own, this seminar will walk you through the strategies available for managing or avoiding common financial pitfalls. This presentation will address both practical and legal issues that healthy and struggling companies should be aware of in order to detect the early warning signs of financial distress, which have the potential to impact business relationships or cause disruption in operations or projects. We will also explore some of the reasons why companies have gotten into trouble and strategies used to remedy their situations.
This seminar is structured to instruct companies on how to navigate through financial obstacles in an easy to understand format with a focus on the big picture practical issues and concerns. We specifically will address the following:
- Spotting financial problems early.
- Understanding the company’s financial structure and how it impacts its legal obligations to creditors.
- Working with vendors who are experiencing financial troubles.
- Devising a game plan for dealing with creditors in order of priority and importance, with special emphasis on negotiations with secured creditors who usually have the most influence over the company’s operational challenges.
- Knowing when the company should engage the assistance of outside bankruptcy counsel or other professionals.
Speaker Bio: Harry J. Giacometti is a shareholder in Flaster Greenberg’s Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring and Risk Management Department. His practice is focused on bankruptcy, debtor and creditors’ rights, commercial law and litigation.
Through his representation of corporate, individual and institutional clients, Mr. Giacometti’s wide range of experience includes:
- Commercial and consumer bankruptcy representation of both debtors and creditors
- Commercial litigation in both the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Commercial transactions, including formations, liquidations, asset sales and purchase transactions
Builders League Of South Jersey
114 Haddontowne Court
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
8:30 am – 10:30 am
8:30 am - registration/coffee/donuts
9:00 am - presentation
Free To All BLSJ Members/$25 Non-Members
Coffee & Danish Served
- Harry Giacometti