Date: December 16, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel | 2 Convention Blvd. | Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Draft Solid Agreements From Start to Finish
At the core of every successful business is a rock-solid operating agreement. A well-crafted agreement can lead a company to smooth flowing operations and give it clear direction. Poorly drafted agreements can lead to disputes, unforeseen tax liabilities and business turmoil. Join us as our expert faculty uses examples, shares tips and discusses important considerations while they demonstrate how to draft an operating agreement. Register today!
- Draft clear, concise and effective operating agreements that go beyond boilerplate provisions.
- Include provisions that cover problems, processes and procedures for decision-making.
- Explore the options for allocating income and losses.
- Learn what provisions cover withdrawal, issuance and transfer of membership interests.
- Get a step-by-step walk-through of details to consider when drafting an LLC agreement.
- Gain a better understanding of formation provisions in the operating agreement.
- Learn different options for tax entity selection.
- Review transfer restrictions, right of first refusal, impasse (put/call), capital call and dissolution provisions.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit accountants and paralegals.
- State Operating Agreement Law Update, Trends and Current Issues
- Common Drafting Oversights and Current Developments in LLC Litigation
- Tax Mistakes Made in Distribution, Allocation and Entity Selection
- Formation and Drafting: Articles and Operating Agreement
- Transfer Restriction Issues, Right of First Refusal, Impasse (Put/Call), Capital Call and Dissolution Provisions
- Top Operating Agreement Mistakes Attorneys Make
JEFFREY A. COHEN is a shareholder with Flaster Greenberg PC. Mr. Cohen is a member of the firm’s litigation, intellectual property, corporate and real estate practice groups. He has been a trial attorney for more than 20 years, counseling and representing a diverse range of clients in matters related to commercial contracts, shareholder and partnership agreements, trademarks, copyrights, patents, insurance coverage, franchise disputes and commercial construction. Mr. Cohen is admitted to practice in the states of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. He is also licensed to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Third Circuit, and Sixth Circuit. Furthermore, he is licensed for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle District of Pennsylvania, as well as, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the Eastern and Southern districts of New York. Mr. Cohen is a member of the ABA (Tort/Insurance Section), the Camden County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the John Lifland American Inn of Court for Intellectual Property/Federal Practice. Mr. Cohen earned his B.A. degree from the University of Michigan and his J.D. degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
ROBERT C. LITWACK is an attorney with Gruccio, Pepper, DeSanto & Ruth, PA. Mr. Litwack focuses his practice on the purchase and sale of real estate and businesses; banking, including collections and foreclosures, loan closings and loan workouts; estate planning and administration; and all aspects of business law. Mr. Litwack received his bachelor's degree from Rutgers University, his J.D. degree from Rutgers University School of Law, and his LL.M. degree, in taxation, from Temple University.
CHRISTOPHER WISNIEWSKI is a partner in the law firm of Wisniewski Law Group, LLC, in Sewell, New Jersey. Mr. Wisniewski practices in the area of transactional law, with a focus on corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation and agreement preparation, real estate, technology law, and tax matters. He also has significant experience in advising hospitality, gaming and gaming-industry support companies on contractual, regulatory and compliance matters. Mr. Wisniewski received his B.A. degree from Rutgers University, his M.S. degree from Villanova University, and his J.D. degree from Villanova University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Click here to register.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 7.20 - NJ*
CLE 7.00 - NY*
CLE 6.00 - PA*
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants: 7.00 *
* denotes specialty credits
- Jeffrey Cohen