Your company name, your brand and a solid customer base are critical to the success of your business. And while the internet can enhance brand recognition and attract new customers, it can also present unique legal challenges for those seeking to protect their intellectual property.
This seminar will address how to protect, leverage and capitalize on your company's brand name and good will, providing useful tips on protecting these valuable assets and enforcing your rights. The seminar will also cover the various challenges of protecting your brand name online and legal solutions for online reputation management.
Topics will include:
- IP concerns for startups
- The differences between trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets
- Identifying when you need a trademark versus a copyright and what can happen if you do nothing
- Trademark searching and licensing issues
- Securing trademark rights and the registration process
- Protecting your business name, slogan, brand name and reputation online
- Dealing with trademark infringement, including infringing domain names, advertisements, YouTube videos, and postings on social media websites and other websites
Alexis Arena, Attorney, Flaster Greenberg’s Intellectual Property and Litigation Departments
Alexis focuses her practice on trademark counseling and litigation, online trademark enforcement, and internet disputes. She advises clients on protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights online, including the resolution of domain name disputes and matters concerning e-commerce, online speech and conduct, and related intellectual property issues.
Date and Time:
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Registration: 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
Program 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Flaster Greenberg PC
1600 John F. Kennedy Blvd., 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
This program has been approved for one substantive Pennsylvania CLE credit.