Join us at DELVACCA's 4th Annual In-house Counsel Conference on April 16, 2012. The conference will include a choice of 20 topics in a broad range of practice areas, as well as breakfast, lunch and an evening cocktail reception. Registration is free for members.
Sessions and Topics:
Session I: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Counting the Cost: Film Screening & Discussion on Board Conduct
- Hot Topics in E-Discovery: Social Media, Sanctions and How to Cut Costs in Discovery
- The American Invents Act: Navigating the New Rules from an Insider’s Perspective
- Just Leave, Please: Best Practices for Managing Family and Medical Leave
- Compliance Program Effectiveness Reviews
Session II: 10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Ethical Issues Surrounding Corporate Real Estate Transactions
- Legal and Practical Implications of Confidentiality Agreements in Commercial Transactions
- IP Issues Arising in M&A and Equity Deals
- The Constitutional Challenge to the Affordable Care Act – A Moot Court Presentation and Panel Discussion
- Steering Clear of ERISA Litigation Through Better Document Drafting
Session III: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- The Attorney-Client Privilege and Corporate Internal Investigations
- Being in Charge and Staying out of Jail: How the Responsible Corporate Officer
- Doctrine is Creating Criminal Liability for Corporate Officers
- Litigation Budgeting and Cost Control Trends
- Protecting Your Brands As the Landscape Grows
- Term Sheets, Letters of Intent and MOUs: Gaining the Negotiation Advantage Through Artful Drafting
Session IV: 3:15 – 4:45 p.m.
- Understanding the Environmental Risks of Your Business Transactions
- How Our Ideas of Privacy are Changing and Why it Matters
- Salaried Doesn’t Mean Exempt: How to Stem the Rising Tide of Wage and Hour Class Actions
- The Dodd-Frank “Bounty Hunter” Whistleblower Rules
- Moving to the Cloud? Risks and Strategies for Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Healthcare Companies
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Cocktails/Heavy Hors d’oeuvres/Networking/Prize Drawings
The Doubletree Hotel
237 South Broad Street (Broad & Locust Sts.)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Credits: 5.0 Hours
State: PA, NJ & DE
Category: Substantive & Ethics