Sustainability (n) - the quality of not being harmful to the environment or depleting natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance.
Flaster Greenberg takes pride in supporting the businesses and local organizations in the communities where we live and work, which is why we are dedicated to doing all we can to make sure that, as a firm, we tread as gently upon the earth as possible.
Over the last several years, Flaster Greenberg has made significant investments in its green credentials by adopting several energy efficient amenities in an effort to help improve the environment. Our Cherry Hill office under went a year-long construction project installing motion sensor light switches, energy efficient light bulbs and wallpaper made from recycled materials. Additionally, all cleaning products used in the office are green seal certified and the firm recycles all of its metal, plastic and paper waste.
To help soften our environmental footprint, we have implemented green and earth-friendly practices throughout our offices to reduce paper and energy waste. To the extent possible, we strive to minimize environmental impact throughout the supply chain, through purchase and use of energy-saving equipment and appliances; use of non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products; and use of eco-friendly materials such as low-VOC paint and products produced from sustainable sources, in renovations and maintenance.
We installed a level two car charging station in the firm’s Cherry Hill office parking lot, making us the first professional corporation in Cherry Hill to offer an electric vehicle curb-side charging station free to both its employees and clients. The station is self-serve and has the capability to “top off” or fully charge an electric vehicle while the firm’s employees are at work or its clients are attending a meeting at the firm. Considering one-third of the nation’s greenhouse gases come from transportation and sixty percent of that is from personal vehicle use, electric vehicles can make a tremendous impact.
Flaster Greenberg partnered with Green Technology Recycling and took part in their e-Waste program in an effort to recycle and dispose of all unwanted electronic devices, also extending this service to their employees. Considering everyday the world disposes of 130,000 tons of electronic waste, e-Waste programs can make a tremendous impact in any business and its environment.
Flaster Greenberg has been recognized for their eco-friendly approach to green energy initiatives by a variety of local organizations and publications, including:
- Featured on NBC10 in the segment 'Law Firm Charges Clients' for the installation of an electric car charging station in the firm’s Cherry Hill office parking lot.
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s most green and eco-friendly companies by South Jersey Biz magazine and honored in the publication’s annual Green Awards.
- Flaster Greenberg's managing partner, Peter Spirgel, was featured on the front page of the Health & Science section of the Philadelphia Inquirer for being one of the first people in the area to take delivery of the Tesla Model S, an all-electric, zero tailpipe emissions vehicle, and was praised by the publication for “playing the role of early adopter in electric vehicle technology.”
- Received the Environmental Advocate of the Year award by the South Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
- Rated as “Gold” members of the Greater Philadelphia Green Business Program.
Flaster Greenberg continues to be at the forefront of environmental issues impacting the communities in which we live, but we are always looking for new ways to improve. We believe that sustainable practices are necessary to a better future and are proud to be at the helm of the green movement in the legal industry.