Over the past decade, as businesses and their customers have increasingly moved online, our clients have experienced a growing need for Internet-related legal services. Both companies and individuals hope that when someone searches for their name using a search engine (such as Google), the search results do not display negative content that gives rise to legal issues. However, in some cases, the search results contain or link to instances of defamation, trademark infringement, copyright infringement or other violations of the law.
Our Internet Disputes Practice Group is comprised of attorneys experienced in protecting our clients’ online reputations and combating violations of our clients’ intellectual property rights. Unlike lawyers who practice in these areas only sporadically, we are actively engaged in developing online intellectual property enforcement and reputation management programs for our clients and implementing those programs on an ongoing basis. Whether our client is a large corporation that requires constant online monitoring and enforcement efforts, or an individual who is faced with a discrete Internet disputes issue, we strive to provide our clients with cost-effective and innovative legal services that change what is made available online for the better.
We offer a multi-faceted approach to Internet disputes and provide various legal services, including:
- Domain law and domain disputes
- Internet defamation and speech
- Online trademark infringement, false advertising and unfair competition
- Online copyright infringement
- “Fake” profiles on social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Successful prosecution of more than a dozen domain name dispute proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre. The proceedings resulted in domain names registered and hosted around the world being transferred to our clients.
- Representation of a software company in a lawsuit against Google, based on Google's failure to include the client’s websites in Google's search results. Following the lawsuit's filing, the company's websites were "relisted" in Google's search results.
- Continuing Education Program and Networking Event: Limited Liability Companies and Intellectual PropertyOceanFirst Bank(November 7, 2019)
- Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association, Black Cipher Security LLC(October 17, 2018)
Articles & Alerts
- Legal Alert(April 7, 2010)