As the need to interact with government at the local, state or federal level increases, our Government Relations and Regulatory Law Practice Group offers a broad range of services and experience in advocacy and regulatory affairs, and a proven track record of helping clients achieve their strategic goals and business objectives. We combine substantive legal analysis with a sophisticated understanding of the legislative and regulatory process. Our services range from assisting clients to navigate various legislative, regulatory and executive actions, advising on existing and proposed laws and regulations, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local election, campaign finance and ethics laws and regulations and representing candidates, candidate’s committees and political committees in disputes.
Our attorneys have served in various senior-level capacities in both the executive and legislative branches at the federal, state and local levels. They have a broad understanding of the intricacies of the decision-making processes and frequently appear before and work with elected leaders, senior staff, legislative committees, regulators, agencies, boards and commissions at all levels of government.
We provide counsel on a bipartisan and multidisciplinary basis to ensure efficient representation to businesses of all sizes. We represent clients in a wide array of matters including housing, transportation, construction, healthcare, telecommunications, technology, gaming, and economic and workforce development. Some of the matters our attorneys have worked on include:
- Drafting statutes, regulations and executive orders
- Representing private and governmental clients in monitoring and providing input on city, state and federal legislation and regulations
- Representing developers seeking economic development stimulus funding
- Representing developers on the complex negotiations regarding public infrastructure investments that may also benefit a development project
- Educating on issues including transportation, economic development, healthcare, telecommunications and technology
- Negotiating public/private partnerships in technology, healthcare, gaming, energy, recycling/waste and economic development matters
- Counseling lobbyists on compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Assisting federal, state and local candidates and political committees on election law, campaign finance and ethics, including litigating applicability of certain laws
- Flaster Greenberg PC, HBK CPAs & Consultants()
Articles & Alerts