Our construction litigation attorneys handle disputes involving bid challenges, professional malpractice, construction defects, payment disputes, lien law application and enforcement, delay damage claims, mold claims, work-site injury claims, product defects, negligence, breach of warranty, contract, fraud and consumer fraud act claims. Our attorneys have successfully defended and prosecuted such claims through trial and through the appellate process.
Representative cases include:
- Secured dismissal of claims against builder under both the applicable statutes of limitation and statute of repose;
- Enforced various contract terms for builder including arbitration clause, limited warranties and defense and indemnity provisions;
- Successfully secured discharge and dismissal of liens and lien claims and an award of attorneys' fees and costs based on lien claimant's failure to abide by requirements of the Construction Lien Law;
- Negotiated and prepared both public and private construction contracts for builders, owners, general contractors, subcontractors and professionals;
- Successfully addressed alleged regulatory violations asserted by government agencies against owners;
- Successfully secured coverage from carriers on behalf of owners in construction defect cases.