Scott C. Oberlander is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Litigation Department, representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of disputes. He has particular experience counseling clients in various industries with respect to breach of contract claims, unfair and deceptive business practices, employment disputes and administrative actions.
Prior to joining Flaster Greenberg, Mr. Oberlander litigated commercial disputes as an associate at Fox Rothschild LLP. He is also a former clerk to the Honorable Paulette Sapp-Peterson, J.A.D. of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, and a former intern for the late Senior District Judge Joseph E. Irenas, U.S.D.J. of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Oberlander earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A. from the University of Michigan. He is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Obtained appellate court reversal in favor of client in dispute concerning agency immunity after a private utility company sued a municipality for negligence in carrying out a sewer repair project
- Successfully represented the United States branch of an international company in a dispute over a multibillion-dollar overseas real estate transaction
- Defended an international law firm in a legal malpractice case brought by its former clients, resulting in a dismissal of all claims against the firm
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a real estate development company of claims brought by a condominium association for faulty construction
- Represented corporation in various matters involving its nursing home facilities arising out of alleged conduct the corporation’s nursing home facilities across Pennsylvania
- Enforced a national organization’s trademark and patent rights in federal court after a competitor began using nearly identical marks in commerce
- Reached settlement in a breach of contract claim brought against it by a professor of a prominent private university
- Anti-Defamation League - Philadelphia
- Associate Board Member
- Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute - Philadelphia
- Class of 2017 - 2018
- Philadelphia Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Philadelphia
- Board Member
Articles & Alerts
- The Legal Intelligencer(March 30, 2018)
- Flaster Greenberg's Blog(May 11, 2016)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Journal of Business Law, Senior Editor
- Certificate of Study in Business and Public Policy, Recipient
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Honorable Paulette Sapp-Peterson, J.A.D. of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division