Ross E. Alexander is a shareholder in the firm’s Intellectual Property Department, and focuses his practice in patent procurement, trademark procurement and defense, patent licensing, and patent litigation.
For more than ten years, he has helped his clients develop the proper IP strategy to protect their businesses and ideas from infringement, beginning with obtaining the appropriate patents and trademarks, and subsequently developing a licensing or litigation strategy that protects their rights.
Mr. Alexander has a special understanding of the technological, legal, and business aspects of inventions that leverage electrical and computer systems. For example, he is familiar with computer hardware and software, mobile devices and apps, medical devices, wired and wireless networking systems (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Zigbee, Thread, etc.), telecommunications systems, machine learning, artificial intelligence, load control systems, and manufacturing systems. Working with clients in a wide range of industries, including financial services, software development, home automation, medical devices, and telecommunications.
Mr. Alexander has valuable experience in both foreign and domestic prosecution, having successfully prosecuted design patent applications, utility patent applications, and trademark applications for his clients in many jurisdictions across the world. He also has a wealth of experience assisting his clients in litigating and licensing the patents his clients fight so hard to obtain during prosecution.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Alexander worked as a software developer and in information technology systems. He earned a B.S. in Computer Science and Political Science, cum laude, from the University of Indianapolis and his J.D., cum laude, from Syracuse University School of Law. While in law school, he was an Executive Editor of the Syracuse Law Review and Associate Editor of the Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Pennsylvania "Rising Star,” 2018 & 2019, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Intellectual Property Department Continues to Grow at Flaster Greenberg; Welcomes Seven Additional Patent Group MembersPress Release(January 14, 2020)
- Press Release(January 3, 2020)
- Association of Corporate Counsel, IP Institute(May 15, 2020)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Federal Circuit
- Syracuse University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Associate Editor, Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter
- University of Indianapolis, B.S., cum laude, Computer Science and Political Science