Markley S. Roderick concentrates his practice on the representation of entrepreneurs and their businesses. He represents companies across a wide range of industries, including technology, real estate, and healthcare.
Expanding on his in-depth knowledge of capital raising and securities law, Mr. Roderick spearheads the firm’s Crowdfunding practice and is one of the leading Crowdfunding lawyers in the United States. He maintains a Crowdfunding blog at www.crowdfundattny.com, which contains news, updates and links to important information on the Crowdfunding industry. Mr. Roderick also speaks regularly at Crowdfunding events, including these events within the last few months:
- Crowdfund Global Expo (CFGE) Crowdfund Investment and Alt. Finance Summit – New York, NY
- CFGE Crowdfund Real Estate Summit – Austin, TX
- Harvard Business School Club – Crowdfunding Real Estate Seminar – New York, NY
- Pharmaceutical Consulting Consortium International, Inc's 7th annual Rountable focused on Crowdfunding for the Life Sciences – Chesterbrook, PA
Mr. Roderick represents dozens of portals and other participants in the Crowdfunding industry, providing both technical knowledge and industry expertise.
Mr. Roderick has spent more than 30 years representing entrepreneurs and their businesses in a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Counseling entrepreneurs through the formation, development, and growth of their businesses
- Raising money through private placements and venture capital
- Buying, selling, and investing in businesses
- Planning business transactions to minimize corporate and individual taxes
- Preparing Shareholders’ Agreements, Partnership Agreements, and Operating Agreements
- Protecting business goodwill through restrictive covenant (non-compete) agreements
- Compensating key employees using options and restricted stock
- Technology licensing and development
Mr. Roderick developed and moderates a seminar series for entrepreneurs co-sponsored by the Rutgers-Camden Business Incubator, the Burlington County College High Technology Small Business Incubator, and the Rutgers-Camden Small Business Development Center. In this series, Mr. Roderick and other panelists guide the entrepreneur through key legal aspects of business development and growth.
Honors & Awards
- Top Attorney List, SJ Magazine, 2010 - 2014 & 2017
- Awesome Attorney List, South Jersey Magazine, 2009, 2013
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Taxation Committee, Health and Hospital Law Committee and Internet Law Committee
- Crowdfunding Professional Association
- National Crowdfunding Association
Recent Blog PostsCrowdfunding & FinTech Law Blog
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of London, M.Sc., Mathematics
- Dickinson College, B.A., English, magna cum laude