Eric Loi is a member of the firm’s Taxation, Trust and Estates and Employee Benefits Practice Groups. He assists clients on a wide range of complex tax issues involving all aspects of business and individual estate planning. Mr. Loi also has experience in all areas related to employee benefits and executive compensation, where he has advised corporate, non-profit, and governmental employers on issues relating to the design, administration, and compliance of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans.
With respect to employee benefits and executive compensation matters, Mr. Loi assists clients with the preparation of plan documents, day-to-day plan administration matters, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA} fiduciary matters, and the negotiation of service-provider agreements. He also assists clients with incentive and equity-based compensation agreements, change in control agreements, and executive employment and separation agreements.
Most recently, Mr. Loi worked as an associate at a midsize law firm in New Jersey. Prior to entering private practice, he worked for a large national accounting firm where he advised large multi-national companies and U.S. companies of all sizes and industries on compensation and employee benefit matters, as well as other general federal tax matters. Mr. Loi was also previously a staff attorney at the Pension Rights Center in Washington, D.C. At the Pension Rights Center he worked on issues involving the individual rights of pension participants, which included helping pension participants obtain wrongfully denied pension benefits.
- American Bar Association
- Member, Division of Taxation
Articles & Alerts
- Legal Alert(March 16, 2020)
- Legal Alert(January 29, 2020)
- Legal Alert(December 3, 2019)
- Legal Alert(October 3, 2019)
- The State of Regulation of Executive Compensation – How did We Get Here?The Legal Intelligencer(September 12, 2016)
- BNA: Pension & Benefits Daily(August 24, 2011)
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Tax and Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
- University of Buffalo Law School, J.D.
- Executive Editor, Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal
- Bucknell University, BA, Psychology