Rick Dressel is chair of the Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring and Risk Management Department and concentrates his practice in bankruptcy and financial workouts, representing individual and corporate debtors in Chapter 11 reorganization and Chapter 7 liquidation proceedings, as well as individuals in Chapter 13 proceedings. He also focuses on the representation of secured creditors in financial workouts, foreclosure and bankruptcy settings, and unsecured creditors and creditor committees in bankruptcy proceedings.
Among his published works, Mr. Dressel has served as co-editor of the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Bankruptcy Practical Skills Series.
- Handling of personal workouts and bankruptcy proceedings, enabling individuals to receive a fresh start through a Chapter 7 proceeding or reorganize their personal financial affairs through either a Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 proceeding
- Representation of regional wholesaler as a creditor in the Chapter 11 proceedings of The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc
- Representation of owners of closely held corporate entities in connection with the corporate Chapter 11 proceedings
- Restructuring of debts, both in and out of bankruptcy, for various businesses, including manufacturing, construction, retail and services companies, schools and nonprofit organizations
- Representation of creditors to protect their interests in both out-of-court workout and bankruptcy settings
Honors & Awards
- Top Attorney List, Bankruptcy, SJ Magazine, 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2017
- Named an Awesome Attorney, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights, South Jersey Magazine, 2013
- Named a New Jersey "Super Lawyer," 2006 – 2009, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of New Jersey Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lawyers Advisory Committee
- Camden County Bar Association
- Debtor/Creditor Relations Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Master, 2005 - Present
Mr. Dressel is an active participant in the Rutgers University School of Law–Camden “Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project.” In addition, he serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees, NJ.
- Press Release(August 3, 2017)
- (January 19, 2016)
- Press Release(August 1, 2014)
- Press Release(December 23, 2013)
- Press Release(August 6, 2013)
- Rick Dressel Co-Edits for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Bankruptcy Practical Skills SeriesPress Release(May 7, 2012)
- Press Release(August 3, 2011)
- Press Release(March 24, 2009)
- NJ Biz(November 24, 2008)
- Bankruptcy Primer and Tax Implications for Accountants
Articles & Alerts
- (August 7, 2018)
- Bankruptcy Practical Skills SeriesCo-Editor, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education(2005, 2009, 2011 and 2012)
- Legal Alert(July 23, 2010)
- Bankruptcy Practical Skills SeriesCo-Author, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education(2009)
- New Jersey Law Journal, vol. CLXXXIII, no. 10, index 796(March 6, 2006)
- South Jersey Magazine(April 30, 2005)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University Law School, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S.