Donna T. Urban is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Commercial Litigation and Environmental Law Departments concentrating her practice in telecommunications law, environmental regulation and litigation, and privacy and data security. She is a seasoned litigator, and for more than 20 years has successfully represented business clients in contract disputes, regulatory matters, and complex negotiations.
Additionally, Ms. Urban has served on the firm’s Board of Directors, on the Executive Committee, as Associate Counsel to the firm, and has chaired the Women’s Equity and Leadership Committee.
Ms. Urban has extensive experience in commercial litigation and contract disputes, with a concentration in telecommunications litigation. She handles cutting-edge issues involving inter-carrier rate disputes and other matters of first impression involving charges among telecommunications providers. Additionally, she has experience handling matters involving access service charges, VoIP calls, interconnection agreements (ICAs), tariff interpretation, primary jurisdiction, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Ms. Urban handles disputes involving complex environmental litigation in state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She represents and advises clients in matters concerning compliance with environmental laws and regulations, and environmental aspects of business transactions. She has significant experience in environmental matters concerning New Jersey Spill Act, Natural Resource Damage (NRD) claims, ISRA applicability and compliance, insurance coverage claims, wastewater management, water quality management and wetlands. Ms. Urban also represents major developers in the environmental permit process.
Obtained a significant award of partial summary judgment concerning the FCC Benchmark rate for switched access services, PAETEC Communications, Inc., et al. v MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business Services, et al., 712 F.Supp.2d 405 (E.D. Pa. 2010)
- Achieved favorable settlements for large telecommunications carrier of matters involving recovery of access charges from wireless (CMRS) carriers and switched access charges relating to trunk ports
- Managed complex environmental litigation involving cost recovery, The New Jersey Spill Act and other environmental laws and regulations
- Achieved unprecedented decision from the NJDEP that condominium associations are eligible for funding for remediation under the Underground Storage Tank Fund
- Successfully litigated complex multiparty, multi-site environmental insurance coverage matters
- Negotiated favorable Natural Resource Damages settlements
Honors & Awards
- Top Attorney List, Communication, SJ Magazine, 2011 - 2014 & 2019
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Camden County Bar Association
- Member, Environmental Law Committee
- Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey
- Member, Environmental Committee
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Environmental Law Section
- Press Release(August 1, 2014)
- Press Release(August 6, 2013)
- Press Release(August 6, 2012)
- Press Release(August 3, 2011)
- Press Release(November 4, 2009)
- Flaster Greenberg Honored as 2008 Company of the Year by National Association of Women Business Owners South JerseyPress Release(November 17, 2008)
- Press Release(April 16, 2008)
- Eliminating Uncertainties in Commercial AcquisitionsFlaster/Greenberg
- Navigating the Environmental Remediation Process Under the Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA): A Practical ApproachFlaster/Greenberg and Roux Associates(November 18, 2009)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association Gender Equity Task Force, New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey(2009)
- New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section(May 8, 2008)
- Development in Litigation Concerning Natural Resource DamagesNew Jersey State Bar Association(2007)
Articles & Alerts
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine(October 2012)
- Legal Alert(June 1, 2007)
- No Further Action Letter Could Be UnreliableNew Jersey Law Journal(March 2006)
- Legal Alert(August 1, 2005)
- New Jersey Law Journal, vol. CLXXIX, no. 7, index 606(February 7, 2005)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Rutgers University School of Law–Camden, J.D.
- Philadelphia University, School of Business Administration, B.S., summa cum laude