Sang Young (Brad) Han is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Intellectual Property Department and Patent Practice Group.
Brad’s extensive experience and knowledge is in Artificial Intelligence technologies and chipsets including audio and video codecs. Having worked for such companies as LG Electronics, he has developed an excellent working knowledge of video/audio codec as well as mobile technology such as 5G. Working alongside engineers for years has provided Brad with an understanding of the inventive process.
He has also examined applications for electronic devices such as computers, mobile phones, televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, and music players.
Brad has participated in managing dozens of patent infringement lawsuits in US federal district courts and the US International Trade Commission.
Prior to joining the firm, Brad worked for an international full-service intellectual property firm with a specialization in biotechnology, chemicals, computer science, electronics, and pharmaceuticals. He also spent more than 10 years as a manager at LG Electronics in Seoul, Korea, where he examined applications for electronic devices, participated in managing dozens of patent infringement lawsuits in US federal district courts and the US International Trade Commission, and performed various analyses of US & European patents-at-issue and reviewed legal documents.
- AI (Artificial intelligence) claim drafting strategy” presented at National Business Institute()
- US & KR patent prosecution & claim drafting” presented at Korean Patent Office()
- How to evaluate patent application based on citation” presented at Jeonbuk National Uni.()
- IDS legal strategy for foreign associates” presented at LX semicon()
- Standard patent prosecution strategy” presented at Hyundai Mobis()
- IDS Legal issues & related cases” presented at LG Innotek()
- Trademark Modernization Act” presented at Hyundai Mobis()
- Thompson legal Database search” presented at Thompson annual event()
Articles & Alerts
- Master Thesis Published: “Consideration of claim indefiniteness,” Seoul National University, Law & Technology Journal, Vol 19
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- Seoul National University, Doctor of Law
- Santa Clara Law School, LLM, Intellectual Property
- Seoul National University, Master of Law
- Chonbuk National University, Computer Science