Arthur R. Armstrong is a shareholder in Flaster Greenberg’s Litigation Department and the Insurance Counseling and Recovery Practice Group. Mr. Armstrong's practice concentrates in insurance recovery exclusively on behalf of corporate policyholders.
Mr. Armstrong regularly represents privately held and publicly traded companies against primary and excess insurers to secure coverage under property, commercial general liability, D&O, E&O and other insurance policies. Mr. Armstrong's practice also focuses on insurance recovery for cyber attacks, including ransomware, DDoS attacks, social engineering, malware attacks and other cyber threats. He holds a certificate from HarvardX for "Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information Age."
Mr. Armstrong has also represented financial institutions, real estate developers, technology companies, and other business entities in litigation matters involving corporate governance, employment discrimination, commercial and residential property development and various contract disputes. He has also handled appeals before state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Each year since 2014, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers has recognized Mr. Armstrong as a "Rising Star."
Mr. Armstrong earned his JD from Temple University Law School where he was the recipient of the Albert H. Friedman Prize for excellence in legal research and writing. He earned his undergraduate degree from St. Joseph's University, magna cum laude, where he was inducted into The Phi Beta Kappa Society.
Honors & Awards
Named a Pennsylvania "Rising Star,” 2014-2020, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- The Union League of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyer for the Arts
- Cybersecurity Attorneys Arthur Armstrong & Krishna Jani to Present at PBI’s Virtual Cyberlaw Update 2021Press Release(April 12, 2021)
- Insurance Coverage Attorney Arthur R. Armstrong Joins Flaster Greenberg's Philadelphia Office as Shareholder, Bolstering Insurance Recovery GroupPress Release(February 18, 2021)
- Strafford Publications(August 11, 2021)
- CCSNJ & Flaster Greenberg PC(June 15, 2021)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)(April 29, 2021)
- The Art & Science of Setting an Insurance ClaimRIMS - Tampa Bay Chapter(March 21, 2021)
- Statue of Limitations Waiver Legislation and Coverage for Abuse Claims - Lifting The BarAmerican Bar Association(March 5, 2020)
- In-House Litigation Counsel's Role in Insurance Claims and Risk ManagementAssociation of Corporate Counsel Greater Philadelphia 2019 In-House Counsel Conference(April 24, 2019)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS(March 19, 2019)
- Insurance Bank-Shots: Maximizing Coverage from Other People's InsuranceRIMS - Tampa Bay Chapter(October 7, 2018)
- That's Your Loss, Not Mine: Ten Tips For Successfully Aligning Indemnity Contracts With Insurance PoliciesGreater Philadelphia Association of Corporate Counsel(September 13, 2018)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS - New York, NY(December 17, 2017)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS - New York, NY(September 15, 2017)
- In-House Counsel's Role in Managing Enterprise RiskAssociation of Corporate Counsel - Central PA Chapter(August 24, 2017)
- Emerging Legal Issues in Risk ManagementRIMS - Palm Beach County Chapter(July 13, 2017)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS - Philadelphia Chapter(April 27, 2017)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS - Philadelphia Chapter(April 23, 2017)
- Ten Tips for Getting Claims PaidRIMS - Perks Saskatchewan Chapter (Canada)(December 8, 2016)
- Oil & Gas Restructurings: Helping Financial Institutions Deal with Impact of of Declining Oil and Gas Prices(May 19, 2016)
- Contractual Risk TransferRIMS - Dallas Chapter(February 6, 2016)
Articles & Alerts
- The Legal Intelligencer(July 21, 2020)
- Additional Insured Coverage: Be Sure To Look Under the HoodThe Legal Intelligencer(August 6, 2019)
- Using Insurance to Transfer Transaction RisksMetropolitan Corporate Counsel(July 5, 2017)