Please click here for more information or to register.
Your Comprehensive Probate Guide - with an Eye on the Assets
Probate practice is becoming an increasingly marketable skill due to the aging population and clients' reliance on competent attorneys and other professionals who can smoothly guide them through the procedures. In this seminar, our esteemed faculty will provide you with not only an understanding of the step-by-step probate process, but also with a hard-won knowledge for managing issues regarding executors, creditor claims, inventory/accounting, beneficiary distributions and closing the estate. Enhance your practice - register today!
- Navigate the probate process with ease in our practical, step-by-step walkthrough.
- Accurately identify, value, prepare and distribute probate assets.
- Pick up best practices for handling creditor notices and claims.
- Understand the nuts and bolts of Medicaid estate recovery and remedies available to clients.
- Find out how to deal with non-cooperative executors, beneficiary disputes, assets in the possession of others and other sticky issues.
- Gain tips for navigating through tax forms so you can make strategic, money-saving decisions quickly.
- Learn how to successfully balance the final account and close the estate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This basic-to-intermediate level probate program is for Attorneys, Accountants, Enrolled Agents, Paralegals, Trust Officers, Financial Planners, Tax Managers/Consultants, Auditors/Treasurers, and Tax Preparers.
- The Probate Process Explained
- Distinguishing Between Probate and Non-Probate Assets
- Inventory and Satisfying Creditor Claims
- Maintaining the Estate and Preparing Assets for Distribution
- Tax Deadlines and Preparing, Coordinating and Filing Returns
- Beneficiary Distributions, Final Account and Closing of the Estate
- Medicaid Estate Recovery Rules, Remedies and Appeals
- Ethical Practice Considerations and Concerns in Probate
Continuing Legal Education
CLE 6.70 - DE
CLE 6.50 - PA/NJ
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel
365 Airport Road
New Castle, DE 19720
- JANE M. FEARN-ZIMMER, Flaster Greenberg PC
- David J. Bever, Barros, McNamara, Malkiewicz and Taylor, P.A.
- Lisa L. Coggins, Woloshin Lynch & Associates, P.A.
- Beth B. Miller, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Suzanne I. Seubert, Suzanne I. Seubert, P.A.
- Lydia E. York