Please click here for more information or to register.
How to Help Clients Plan for Beneficiaries With Special Needs
Do you know when and how to use supplemental needs trusts? This practical legal guide will provide you with the specialized tools and know-how required to provide special needs beneficiaries with financial structure and stability. Learn how to structure SNTs to their fullest benefit. Hone your skills - register today!
- Get tips for accurate assessment of the client's present and future disability and needs.
- Make certain every intended recipient qualifies as a special needs trust beneficiary.
- Explore effective ways of funding supplemental needs trusts.
- Learn how to structure SNTs for the greatest benefit without jeopardizing the beneficiary's benefits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This legal briefing offers a simple guide to supplemental needs trusts that will benefit attorneys. It can also benefit accountants, trust officers, estate planners, and paralegals.
- How to Choose the Right SNT Type/Structure
- Clarifying the Beneficiary's Future Needs
- Protecting Public Benefits Eligibility
- Choosing the Trustee, Co-Trustees and/or Successor Trustees (Ensuring Proper Care for the Disabled Beneficiary's Needs)
- Outlining Qualified Expenses
- Building Flexibility into the Trust Language
- Planning for Key Tax Considerations
- Relationship Between Guardianship and SNT
- Funding the Trust
- Is an ABLE Account an Option?
Approved for 1.8 NJ/1.5 PA CLE
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Eastern
- JANE M. FEARN-ZIMMER
Flaster Greenberg PC